bad noise in rear!!!

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
had to take the damn day off today because everytime i turn to the right, merging or turning, i get this horrible knocking noise coming from the rear.

i have singled out the rear because thats where i can hear it from with the windows down, and i can only feel it in the floor boards, not in the sterring wheel.

so before you hurt your noggin thinking of what it could be...
i went under and the only thing i could find was the stabilizer bar that goes over the rear end and up to the frame was loose. not crazy loose but it moves side to side, and back and forth. i dont know if this is something that isnt supposed to have play in it at all or not. i can see it sliding around the bushing that is u bolted to the axel. anyone know?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bushing kit for stabilizer bar and links. Get the poly bushings. Most places should have them but I prefer to use RockAuto myself. Let me know if you purchase from them & I can give you a discount code for 5% off.

Rick

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i know its simple but have you checked the lug nuts? every time i have had a knocking in the rear it has been the lug nuts. bad bearings never knocked just squealed if anything when they went on me.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
actually what ended up happening was my front passenger side wheel had 5 finger loose lug nuts. i was pissed when i saw it, but it was the second thing i had checked so i was only into wrenching for 10 mins before the problem was fixed.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
yes i have sims... but why should i pay more attention to the lugs?? they have the concaved washer affixed to the nut to make that back force so the nut doesnt back off. some how it did, i dont know if someone is mad at me or what.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
yes i have sims... but why should i pay more attention to the lugs?? they have the concaved washer affixed to the nut to make that back force so the nut doesnt back off. some how it did, i dont know if someone is mad at me or what.

Common problem with the Super Duties. Oil your nuts.:D Really add a drop or two between the nut and washer. Tghten to spec and all should be good.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score

Nope thats a common problem I have the sims and the same style nuts you have on my psd and have had the rears come loose and one of the fronts 5 of the eight lugs had backed all the way out against the cap. So if you have the sims that go under the lugnuts you have to keep an eye on them;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online