Baby Moose

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my baby moose from Mel the other day but the weather has been raining and blowing until today. I installed the Baby Moose and my new BB injectors from Russ and what a difference. I still have to time it but it has never run this good. Granted when I pulled the IP it was missing and smoking so bad that it was embarassing and I don't know why I wasn't pulled over by the cops.
I don't understand why the IP went away after only 63,000 miles. I have to admit I didn't add an additive as often as I should have.
I can't thank Mel and Russ enough for providing such excellent products. I can't wait to hook up the the 5th wheel and see how it pulls now.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who made the previous rebuilt pump or was it the original? What went bad...just smokey, couldn't time it right, hard to start etc...or a leaker? It has probably been through at least one and maybe two EPA mandated fuel changeovers and burned lots of different stuff in it's life.

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an original pump. I never had any trouble starting but it smoked on start up, blew smoke between shifts and finally got to the point where it smoked all the time when driving and when idling. It began missing real bad and wouldn't time.
It just seems odd that it only lasted 63,000 miles when others go twice that.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an original pump. I never had any trouble starting but it smoked on start up, blew smoke between shifts and finally got to the point where it smoked all the time when driving and when idling. It began missing real bad and wouldn't time.
It just seems odd that it only lasted 63,000 miles when others go twice that.
That is odd as my OE was still going at 180,000 but > the Baby Moose(I named it:sly) has found lost power ;Sweet