Auxilary Transmission Spicer 7123 D

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not mine I just seen it an Craigslist and I have no idea how to show the add. I think I have seen people on here looking and talking about them. If I am wrong or I am putting this in the wrong place i am sorry.
JOHN

Newville Alabama

I have a Spicer Dana 7231-D 3 speed brownie/aux trans. This unit has under-drive, direct-drive & over-drive "true 3 range over-under drive unit". This is slightly bigger then a sm465 but not by much "same size as nv4500". This mounts behind your transfercase or transmission inline between your drive shafts. This is true gear to gear cast-iron case gear-box no aluminium or electric switches here and less then half the price of a gear-vendors or us-gear unit. All the gears are unworn and the bearings are tight, it is ready to go. It has a large parking brake built on it which you can use or remove if you are matching it with a automatic transmission. It comes with the shifter and linkage to control it with. You can use it as a super low range with your transfercase for crawling or towing or use the overdrive to get better mpg. $1250

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo this would go behind the tcase....wouldn't that mean you'd need a smaller drive shaft though?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
For that kind of money it better have brand new seals in it and come with all the crossmembers and shift rods and the shifter. They can be had for much less if you keep your eyes open , not to mention that that box is about 5 inches longer and 80 pounds heavier than the 5831b I have in my truck and the UD doesnt even go as low on that 7231d ( that crawler range is a real joy when towing heavy, it's a real clutch saver in steep tight places)