Aux Gauge Pics.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A member asked for pics of my aftermarket gauges. I do need to say I'm not real happy with the oil pressure gauge.... Its an electric gauge and has failed twice now. My mechanicl oil pressure never did fail and I used it safely for around 180,000 miles. I felt I pushed the limits of hot oil under pressure in the cab far enough so I went electrical.... I wont be doing another electric gauge again....

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00196.jpg
    DSC00196.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 64

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I think you are clear for takeoff, Gary. LOL Nice looking setup, is that a plastic line I see for the oil pressure gauge?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I prefer electric gauges as I have not had great luck with the plastic oil tubes in the past....So far so good for my electric Sunpro gauges, they cost about $200 for the 3 with taxes.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Very soon I will have 7 gauges mounted on top of the dash using one of AlienTurtle's fiberglass guage pod. It will have a Pyro, 2 fuel pressure, water temp, oil pressure, oil temp, and vacuum, along with whatever else looks like it might be useful

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Out of the stack of isspro gauges I recently scored out of an old Kenworth , teh oil pressure gauge was mechanical and it had a hose running into the cab with no isolator and that's the way they used to run them. A nice chunk of Aeroquip hose straight to the gauge and no worries . That's the way I'm going to run it in my truck :D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I good piece of hose and I would have no trouble with mechanical gauges but that plastic **** kinks too easy, I hate trying to fish the mechanical water temp probe through the firewall.:rolleyes:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of the stack of isspro gauges I recently scored out of an old Kenworth , teh oil pressure gauge was mechanical and it had a hose running into the cab with no isolator and that's the way they used to run them. A nice chunk of Aeroquip hose straight to the gauge and no worries . That's the way I'm going to run it in my truck :D

Works for me, I have a stainless braid teflon line, it shouldnt ever leak and its rated for 3k psi.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Jonathan... I made the gauge cluster at work many years ago from aluminum sheeting. A 2 inch hole saw cut the gauge positions out really easily. Designing... Cutting and installation was about a 30 minute job..... Nothing special at all. I have thought about redesigning this because I want the gauges to face towards me to cut down on the glare but thats another day down the road...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The good quality gauges have JIC or SAE fittings on the back, Freightliner used some like that a few years back...Never a problem.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works for me, I have a stainless braid teflon line, it shouldnt ever leak and its rated for 3k psi.
Where did you source the line? I like having a mechanical oil pressure gauge, but have always been afraid of the plastic tubing breaking (particularly since it's happened once already) and would LOVE to use either stainless braided line or Aeroquip lines, although I imagine the Aeroquip line would be horrifically expensive...