Auto v.s. Stick

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My room mate insists that stick is the ultimate transmission choice when it comes to day to day driving and pulling trailers. I pull skid-steer tractors all the time with my 250 torque shift and never have a problem. So is this really a preferance thing or is there really engineering swaying it one way or another, because if i have to i will do a transmission swap. Thanks for your time. -keep them doggies rollin! rawhide!-;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

Came down to rebuild cost for me. With 3 and hopefully more kids, My objective is to keep a truck for 10-20 years, so don't want to rebuild an automatic transmission out of warranty. Much easier on the pocketbook to pay for a new clutch every now and then.

Personal preference has changed lately, too. Love shifting the gears on my own. Even in town. The 6-speed on my Dodge is geared so that I can walk along in 1st with traffic in a traffic jam with my feet on the dashboard; never have any trouble finding the gear I need... haven't had too many times where I've had lots of shifting due to frequent stops in a jam on the highway, so when automagic folks make that argument I really have to ask how often they experience such conditions...

Buy what you like... and enjoy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online