ats turbo removal help?

mjpike

Reaction score
Russ is going to rebuild the aftermarket ats hybrid T3/T4 turbo on my 87 6.9.
I"ve searched here and on the Ford forum but can't find any instructions on how to remove it.
Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'm not able to help with directions but I'm sure Russ will have a good idea or two. Maybe others have some imput here too. Might be a good idea to post the name found on the turbo so others will know what your working on.

mjpike

Reaction score
The name ATS is in title of thread.
Per Russ: intake snail has to be unbolted, the compressor bolts loosened and turned a bit so the snail can be slipped out.
Exhaust has 4 bolts on the up pipe and 2 bolts on the pedestal to intake.
When its off the pedestal can be removed from the center section.

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
take bolt out of center of snail.....take oil feed line off the turbo and at the engine....there are two bolts, 1/2" iirc, that hold the pedestal to the back of the intake. You can take them out OR, there are two nuts that hold the turbo to the pedestal(on very bottom of turbo). you can take those two off, they are a pain to get to but doable.....trying to take the up-pipe off right at the turbo is going to be a royal PITA from the bit i have looked at it...i took the cross over pipe off and then the y-collector and then pulled the turbo right out with the up-pipe attached to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online