Ats turbo oil feed port question

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guy, I am converting my engine back to NA until I mover to my house and I was wondering what kind of plug is used to plug the oil feed port? Is there a certain Ford part for it or just a general plug that would work? If it is jsut some general plug, what would I need?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
To really answer your question we need to know what block you have. All idi non turbo blocks have the 1/8 inch pipe thread plugs in all 4 main oil galley spots. On the turbo blocks its 1/4 inch for the same 4 locations. Heath may have posted the correct or maybe not correct information. On the drivers side of the block you will find easily 3 of these plugs. One in in the ear of the bellhousing flange and two of them are behind the oil cooler bundle.. Very har ro get at those two. And the other location is the very back of the engine block on top. Most any type of plug just as long as its a pipe thread in the two sizes I posted will work. I feel the brass plugs work the best because they are soft and will seal easier that steel.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cody told me the oil pressure sending unit goes there on a NA engine. As for my block type, I'm pretty sure it is NA. Thanks for your help guys...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You talking about the plug at the top rear of the block on the passenger's side, or the plug at the bottom rear of the block on the driver's side?

Either way, it'll be 1/8 inch NPT if your block in N/A. That sucker on the top rear of the block is a real PITA to reach and dang near impossible to see.LOL The stock oil sender does go there.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The top plug location might be easier if a nipple and pipe cap was installed there. That way you wont have to reach down so far trying to find the hole with a tiny plug... Surely its going to be dropped a few times before it finds the hole.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is the one on the top of the engine. I can actually see the hole cus of my body lift. It is a bit easier than it would normally be. Lol. I guess I will have to go get the smaller size thread sending unit. Thanks for all your help guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online