ATS Slip fit insanity

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has plenty of high temp anti sieze on the thing, but that sucker has always been an insanely tight fit.

You must have gotten the downpipe I should have got. I had to expand mine slightly to get a tighter fit

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I hate the idea as well. I thought mine was in good, but the other day I started it up from under the hood, and wow, a ton of black smoke came from the downpipe area. Mine comes out easy though LOL

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You must have gotten the downpipe I should have got. I had to expand mine slightly to get a tighter fit

I think quality control around that place consists of flipping a coin. And the fact that I had to wait over a month for that pipe ( while they kept lieing to me over the phone about whos fault it was , trying to blame the place I ordereed it from, but they had already proven to me that they had paid ATS for the thing the same day I ordered it from them and it was supposed to be drop shipped right away as they were told it was in stock, then when that didn't work they turned on each other and started blaming around the office . I really didn't care, I just wanted my stinking pipe and didn't see what was so hard about shipping out a 3 ft chunk of pipe with 2 bends in it) really got me toasted

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
stuck anything

that "aero kroil" is the best, used on many old salt water infested motor parts, many of dissimalar metals and on old truck parts, it works wonders!
The X-rust removes, i repeat, removes rust down so far that you can watch the rust come back. Super cleeeeeeeen and ready for paint.

Only one place to get it,
http://www.kanolabs.com/

And NO I don't get paid to promote this product,
LCjeff

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I love Aero Kroil. Great stuff. Luckily I can get it at the local HVAC supply house ;Sweet Bad part is they charge twice as much , but at least it's handy when I need it.
After using Kroil it makes you wonder what the heck they sell that Pblaster stuff for aside from comic relief, that stuff is useless.
That new stuff from CRC Freeze Off does a pretty decent job on things that are stuck from a friction fit

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some aerokroil last week , 13.00 for a small cam, so it isnt too bad over the web price of 10. I do lots of vw carb work, weber dellorto, so on, anyway I had this steel throttle shaft seized in the aluminum housing and I have used PB for years. No luck, soaked it with AK, 20 minutes later it was free,I had heard about this stuff but never used it. Simply amazing
My Lawson Dist. buddy has some stuff from the Drummond line called Open and Shut that works awesome for taking apart turbos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online