ATS 088

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this turbo is. I need to replace the bearings and do not know if it is T3,T4,T04B, or what. Any help is appreciated.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have the T3/T4/T04B/T04B center sections. They're all the same as far as bearings go, and you can snag a complete rebuild kit from ebay pretty cheap.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It should be a T3/T4 hybrid If I recall. I got a rebuild kit off ebay from Ron's turbo service and if you buy one of his kits, when you get it, you can send in your wheels and a few parts from the kit and he'll balance teh assembly for free, when you get it back all you have to do is line up the marks when you re'assemble it to the center section ;Sweet A lot better than trying to just replace bearings

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Do you have a web address for Ron's Turbo?
Thanks Again

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think its a T4 center section with the later 093 being a T3/4 hybrid.

At any rate the rebuild kits are pretty generic and should cover a wide range.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'll be set. I'll let you know how it turns out.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just one little hint, when re assembling try to line up the ring gaps where they will be pointing toward the top at least 3 or 9 oclock when installed this will help lessen oil consumption
There s some decent instructions with pictures here about the only thing I would change is I use a set of flat end ring expanding pliers to get them on opening them just enough to clear the shaft. The rings won't always walk on as suggested without getting tweeked, If you mess one up you can pickup extra rings at any turbo shop for a couple of bucks

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RLDSL, Thanks for the thoughts and the link. That sure takes alot of the mystery out of it.