ARP head studs

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Installing a set on my buddy's 6.9 as the Moose overpowered stock bolts.

So a call to tech support regarding the sequence to verify sequence as we have discussed in the past about torquing them several times to ensure proper thread stretch.
My answer that was given by ARP tech support is clean chased threads, supplied assembly lube for studs and stud nuts then follow manufacturer torque sequence specs. Over torquing is not recommended nor multiple install sequences are necessary as the studs are set ready to install.
So there it is straight from the horses mouth. :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Was told the exact same thing, but didn't feel like arguing with everyone about it! lol

Honestly, the machine shop I worked at sold a TON of ARP stuff. I should stop by sometime and see what kind of deal he can get on them for us...someone remind me to do that cause I think I said this a couple years ago too! We put a lot of their rod and main bolts/studs in engines we built.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I got yer back Scott! :D
Yeah a set of 7.3 studs for less would be nice.

Last edited:

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of rods with ARP cap screws and all but 1 came to the proper stretch on the first try, but my torque wrench was brand new. Most important thing to do is make sure your torque wrench is accurate, and use it right! Apply the same motion in the same way every time on every bolt and you'll get the same clamping force on all of them, which, as long as the torque is close, is almost more important than the actual strain value!

Edit: Make sure you use nothing but ARP moly lube too. Vaseline or dry both have waaay different torque values.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online