Are smoked lights legal in PA?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to agree on the amber when it is lit. My 03 had a Clear/Smooth Headlight Lens (faceted mirror), clear front turn signals and an amber side marker. I have a 3157NA Amber bulb in the turn signal, and the side marker has a clear bulb.

On the newer trucks 05-07 both the Front Turn and Front Side marker is clear, but both have an amber bulb. So when the light is on, they are yellow/amber.

I believe this is the "loophole" that is used for the rear stop/turn/tail that is clear with the silver reflector showing. They have a red bulb so that when the bulb is illuminated, it is a red light.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
nope. all 4 corners should have reflectors. look closely at the factory side lights. there will be yellow reflectors on front, red on back.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
So, from what yins are saying, the stock 6.0's are illegal from Ford because they don't have the amber markers?
What I want to do is get that spray on tint (not black them out but tint them). When your headlights are on the tint dissapears, but when your lights are off they are tinted.

turbodiesel94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to go into some of the inspection shops around here and ask to see their lumens meter and then see the look on their face when they have no clue what it is. And around here the cops don't care what your lights look like as long as they work and your not blinding everyone. It must be more strict up north because all the little rice burners have all kinds of tinted and smoked lights.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
all depends whos sees them and if they care, on my 99 the windows were 5% and all the lights tinded too dark, local cop never bothered me, but did say they wernt legal

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
no, they been goign after everyone with stacks here. they should have a heatsheild on them by law. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.