Are O'Reilly Masterpro V belts any good?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update, if it really matters.

My power steering started squealing when turned to the end one way or another. The belt stretched some finally and had a lot of slop. Ac belt was sloppy too. Alt belt wasn't too sloppy but was looser than it was. So i took the time to retension them all.

I really hate tensioning the ac belt, its the worst one. It seems to require loosening 3 bolts and trying to tension it in a van chasis is tough. I'm really debating just pulling that belt off and doing without it. The fan/wp still has 2 to run it without the ac belt.

Sorry to sound a bit dumb I have read all thru this and your ac belt I assume is air-conditioning are you in a state that needs the air-conditioning or does that help keep the engine cool, I am not familiar how that works in a van or rv

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
IIRC the A/C doesn't work right now. I know that he lives full time in the RV and usually goes north in the summertime and south in the winter.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Sorry to sound a bit dumb I have read all thru this and your ac belt I assume is air-conditioning are you in a state that needs the air-conditioning or does that help keep the engine cool, I am not familiar how that works in a van or rv

It's no different from trucks. V belt setups have 3 belts linking the crankshaft and water pump/fan: alternator, power steering, air conditioning. I think alternator gets 2 belts from cs/wp if there's no ac. So in theory it helps keep the engine cool. But not if i can't get the belt to tension properly, which I can't seem to do.

IIRC the A/C doesn't work right now. I know that he lives full time in the RV and usually goes north in the summertime and south in the winter.

Correct.

I still end up seeing some hotter temps (90-95) no matter where I go, but I don't purposely stay anywhere its 100+ for several months.

There is zero pressure in the ac system. I need a new blower motor too it seems, since it blows the glass fuse in a weird way (at the end, not the middle) and only randomly. So i don't have vent/heat either. Well, I can get a tiny amount of vent/heat without the blower. I just slide the temp from cold to hot. I can feel the difference if its a warm day and i left it on hot, or a cold day and it's set to cold.

I bought an $8 "truck fan" at Atwood last year and mounted it up near the rear view mirror, so I do have that to help keep me cooler. The doghouse cover provides radiant heat, no matter the season.

While the cheap $8 fuel pump I put on the generator lasted (not very long, hours wise), I was capable of running the roof ac while driving or when parkrd. I did that a few times last year.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your roof a/c can that be converted to a solar type set up or would that be defeating the purpose since you said your generator fuel pump did not last long

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88