Anyone with a F-250 using Sulastic spring shackles?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im drulling for a pair every time I drive my truck and the rear skips over small bumps when im empty.

Just wondering if anyone has a set that they think was worth the effort.

Javier

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another company that made the same item was called Velvet Ride Shackles.

I really dont know how long they would last but the ride beats me up after being in my truck all day.

Javier

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another company that made the same item was called Velvet Ride Shackles.

I really dont know how long they would last but the ride beats me up after being in my truck all day.

Javier

You may need better shocks :dunno

My truck rides pretty darn good considering I have cheap shocks. I'll have Bilsteins this Spring.

Last edited:

IHcornbinder

Reaction score
Why did you have to show me those. Now i have to explain to my wife why we need to postpone the kids braces again.....:D

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I postponed my License plate and drive witout a plate. Screw them camera tickets.

Javier

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes those have been around for at least 20 years now. I remember them years ago....Toroflex design.

I wonder how they would work with a shackle reversal setup and if they would aid in articulation.

Hmm...got me thinking now....damn you ;Poke

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a waste of $366. If they are supposed to help dampen out 60-80% of vibration, how is it doing that? By rotating? If that's the case then why would some one want them when you are doing nothing more then cutting down your rear spring rate. The idea seems neat but those things sound about as useful as those 'revolver shackles' .

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Project 300 in one of the diesel rags used them. Might wanna check the diesel rag sites for info...or ask the fellar who posts here that has Project 300.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a waste of $366. If they are supposed to help dampen out 60-80% of vibration, how is it doing that? By rotating? If that's the case then why would some one want them when you are doing nothing more then cutting down your rear spring rate. The idea seems neat but those things sound about as useful as those 'revolver shackles' .

It takes the rigidity out of the truck, it allows the springs in the rear more travel absorbing the hits, normally the springs dont move at all they flex like leaf springs supposed to, up and down, with these shackles now the rear of the spring can move inches and still be attached.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rreSl4-NR_c

Javier

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched the video on their web site on how it works and it just turned me off from them a little more. It's right in the beginning when they loaded the stake bed, it didn't appear to flex the leaf springs at all and the overloads hit the stops. So unless there is some sort of variable spring rate built in to that goofy shackle it would seem that it possibly could go from a soft suspension to hard real quick. And another negative is with how soft that thing looks and how quick the suspension was jostling about in that video your still stuck with making sure you have antiquate shocks to keep up with all that movement. They say the load capacity isn't affected but I don't buy certain aspects of their sales pitch, I want to read that 3rd party review now.

Additional thought: I would like to know just how much weight they put in the stake bed to make it do that. It did kinda look like there was some kind of limit adjustment on the set the stake bed had so maybe its possible to adjust it to where it would flex the leafs before hitting the over loads?. I'd still be a little apprehensive about spending that much money on something like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online