anyone use an up flow processor

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a up flow processor to de water and help get the crap out of there WMO? If so how well dose it work?

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My centrifuge supply drum is semi-upflow. Its set up as an upflow with the incoming pipe going all the way to the bottom, and a drain valve on the bottom, however I'm not taking my good oil from the top of the drum like a normal upflow. I have the outlet fitting welded in 1/3 up from the bottom.

To answer your question, it works pretty good, but I always like to let the oil settle in it for a few days before I start 'fuging it.

kerrynzl

Reaction score
Anyone on here use a up flow processor to de water and help get the crap out of there WMO? If so how well dose it work?

I do, best thing I ever built for processing oil.

Mine is made from propane bottles,
It is a closed loop system ,the funnel is an old compressor tank that I pump oil into [ with a return line, to prevent spills from overfilling ]

It has been running continously for 2 years now.[ I have 20 weeks of processed oil as a back-up ]

I've been blending WMO on-and-off for 12 years now, and for the last few years WMO has been my only source of fuel for 3-4 vehicles

Attachments

• DSC07487.JPG
    DSC07487.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC07484.JPG
    DSC07484.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07488.JPG
    DSC07488.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 15

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the up flow also, works great, makes a batch quickly, after a few days of settling.

Javier

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I posted the above on 8/31 I have made some changes. I got to noticing what looked like a little white "clabber" in my fuge catch barrel, so I switched my upflow from pulling out at 1/3 up from the bottom to pulling out at the top, thinking that I may be getting a little moisture and a full upflow would help. So now I am using the entire drum as an upflow, and I just run a small trickle into my supply drum, which is how most I have seen on the web are designed.

So......guess what? Now I notice that my 'fuge isn't taking out as much stuff!! Well duh, it took me a bit to figure it out, but it has to be that the upflow is taking a lot more of the crud out. ;Really

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every 300 gallons or so depending on how dirty my wasteoil is I will call the truck over and sell him 50 gallons of my best contaminated upflow drum oil, I made a batch a while back that would just shut the engine off.
So It is not such a total loss. now what was the secret brew I mixed in there? dunno, I do have 20 gallons of it I saved, I may want to take a sample of it just to see what happened.

A clean out and a fresh start is alway's a good thing and 75 gallons of WMO to replace it is not hard to get...

Javier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online