Anyone Run Royal Purple in your rig?

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering,I know it does good in my gasser,but have heard synthetic is not so good for diesel.Any thoughts?

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Synthetics are good in anything, just depends on the maintenance. I've run Amsoil products for a very long time, and converted one PSD over at over 180k on the miles. If an engine has some type of sealing issue (piston, piston rings, valveguide and seals, whatever), there is a potential for oil consumption to go up and leaks to happen. Check out Auto Rx and do a couple of clean and rinse cycles if you decide to go synthetic with an engine that has a lot of miles on it.

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks, When I go pick mine up today I figure first thing out the gate is going to be a complete fluid,filter change from front to rear.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Definitely run a couple of treatments of Autorx first read the instructions for diesels you want your rings thoroughly cleaned out before you start and your seals all ready to go. no sense in wasting high dollar synthetic. Been using and selling Amsoil for over 25 years and I won't switch an older engine without running that stuff first anymore. It just saves a lot of headaches and money. When you get done with the treatments, then put your good stuff in. You don't want to just dump synthetic into an old dirty engine. The cleaners in the synthetic will knock stuff loose...bad. Best to use the dedicated cleaner it liquifies the stuff slowly where it doesn't hurt anything and will leave the inside of your engine where you can eat off it and lower your oil consumption to it's lowest possible level and increase compression. Also make sure your CDR is in good shape before you switch. No sense in sucking high dollar oil down the intake.