Anyone know how to make my tank read on the gauge with no selector valve?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running just one rear tank to simplify my fuel system. It's new as is the sending unit asw aswell, but my question is how will my gauge know to read the rear tank with no selector valve in place? I asume I'll need a jumper wire I just don't know what wires to jump, thanks for the help..

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you break apart the sheething of the wires before and aft of the FSV,
you will find the black, and i believe its a yellow and red wire that need to be connected.
my advice is to delete the wiring from the front tank, and you will have a clear picture of how it should be done.

i did this last year, tore it apart, and it became very apparent what needed to be done.
the ground and the "power" (ohm) wire both need to be connected.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might help.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's the wire diagram from the manual.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the connector for the aftermarket selector valve. It's probably less helpful other than orienting you to the plug.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the circuit diagram. If you still have the tank selector switch, leave it switched to the rear, do away with it and the wiring.

On the FSV connector, splice #4 (Orange wire) and #5 (Brown/White) together, check the colors, I may be wrong on them.

CVR = Constant Voltage Regulator.

Wire colors on the FSV conector.
#1 = Y/LB
#2 = Y/W
#3 = DB/Y
#4 = BR/W
#5 = O

Attachments

• FSV & Gauge.jpg
    FSV & Gauge.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 55

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's an 88 btw.. So brown and white ties to orange? Sounds easy enough, thanks

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The wire color list in post #5 appears to be in reverse order. Brn/Wht and orange are terminals 1 and 2, for the selector motor/solenoid. Jumper those and you'll blow the selector fuse. You want to jumper the SIGNAL wire from the rear sending unit to the signal wire to the gauge head. That would be yellow/white and yellow/ltblue. Or terminals 4 and 5 on the connector.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow white and yellow blue, okay glad I looked on here again become jumping them..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online