Anyone have the pre '85 precup?

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I know, there is a pre '85 precup with a very large throat. Comes from '83 and '84 6.9s.

Does any one have any? I want to experiment and run those in my engine (1994 7.3 IDI Turbo). I could only find 7 online so if someone has 1 more that would be great.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't and finding that style is going to be a lot of work. You might end up pulling heads on engines in wrecked trucks or vans. Best have the block serial numbers so you have a better chance of finding what you want. Even then you have no idea id the heads have been changed on the engine.

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't and finding that style is going to be a lot of work. You might end up pulling heads on engines in wrecked trucks or vans. Best have the block serial numbers so you have a better chance of finding what you want. Even then you have no idea id the heads have been changed on the engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm looking for the one on the very right. Like I said, only found 7 new ones online. If someone has an old '83 '84 IDI they're not using let me know.

BTW Precups are not Inconel, they are Nimonic/Nimocast, often confused with Inconel.

From here http://www.thedieselfiles.com/Ford/69lupdatepart4.pdf

Last edited:

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 8-16 of them. One 6.9 was from an 84 I tore apart and I might have another set of heads heading for scrap I can pop the cups out of