Anyone have experience with any good online factory service manual access?

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this website that claims that it has detailed schematics, wiring and repair instructions. I assume that it is just the FSM but in electronic form. I would prefer the paper FSM but I haven’t had much like finding one that includes both the motor and the chassis. Not to mention that this is $20 per year where as the FSM if I do find it will likely be at least 5-6x that much.

Here is the place that I found. https://www.repairsurge.com/Ford/F-350/1993/repair-manual-online

Thoughts or experience with other websites is appreciated.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't got experience with the website but it does look a lot like the FSM but cleaner. I might throw a 20 at them just to see if it's worth it.
Yeah, it says it has a money back guarantee as well. Have no idea how to tell if they are a legitimate company or not do you?

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a google or DuckDuckGo search on them. Doesn’t look promising. I’ve used alldatadiy.com for years, and been pretty happy. They just changed things a bit and are now $60/yr. I‘ll be renewing my subscription soon, but it used to be $15/yr. It kinda bugs me a bit.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after I posted I saw something on a scam report about them. Then I saw that YouTube guy mention the alldatadiy so I am looking at them now. Does it have all engine and chassis schematics and specs for our trucks?

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't got experience with the website but it does look a lot like the FSM but cleaner. I might throw a 20 at them just to see if it's worth it.
It looks like maybe they aren’t great so I’m not sure if I’d chance it. There is apparently a place called alldata that has everything online but its maybe $60 for the year.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after I posted I saw something on a scam report about them. Then I saw that YouTube guy mention the alldatadiy so I am looking at them now. Does it have all engine and chassis schematics and specs for our trucks?
The information is pretty complete. Has all the recall and TSB info too. The older version was a little cumbersome to navigate through, but not bad once you got used to it. I think they claim it’s all easier to find now, I just haven’t been on the new platform much. FWIW Alldata is used by a lot of independent shops.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
There is a YouTube channel called scanner danner. He says that Mitchell manual company will let you get access for one vehicle for $25. Not sure if that is for one month or one year. But you could check them out.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a CD for my 1993 on E-Bay that has the Motor/Powertrain manual, Body/Chassis manual, and the Turbo Diesel supplement; all in searchable PDF format. You could print it all if you really want to, Staples/Office Max would love you :)

I believe this is the one I got:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and got a library card from my local library. With that I can log in at home on the library's site, and they have Chilton's online repair. Better than nothing and the later you get in years, the better the diagrams they have.

I have talked to some other guys, different library's subscribe to different services, other libraries have something other than Chiltons.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a sample diagram for the glowplugs on a 1993 f250

Attachments

• WD_Ford_183859.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 17

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as most people hate the Haynes manuals, I come across one in a used book store. It covers the General Motors and Ford Diesel engines. Has a lot of good info in it.

Then I guess i must have bought it off E-Bay, it is a reprint of the
1983 - 1987
6.9 liter
Diesel Engine
Service Manual
Supplement
Think I paid $35 for it

Then Another E-Bay buy, a guy was ripping out sections of a service manual and selling them. I bought section 32
Diesel Diagnostics - 6.9L Engine Truck.
It covers the Fuel and GP systems, how they work and trouble shoot.

The info is out there, just have to keep looking.

Years ago I bought the shop manual CD`s for the Mercedes Diesel of the 80`s. They are OK, but a paint to search through. The good thing about them, you can print the pages you need when working out in the shop with your greasy fingers.
I like paper shop manual, quicker to look at what you want, but I don`t want my manuals greasy, so having the CD also makes it good.

Another place to find manuals is car swap meets. Usually the Good Guys show there are a lot of sellers with manuals.

Here is a Google search and several listed.

Goat

Last edited:

Kristov

Reaction score
@franklin2 what's that sample diagram from? Attached is the glow plug schemetic from the 1991 Ford shop manual.

Attachments

• 1991 Glow Plugs.pdf
    205 KB · Views: 9

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@franklin2 what's that sample diagram from? Attached is the glow plug schemetic from the 1991 Ford shop manual.
Your link is a representative diagram Ford used in the glow plug section of the manual. The schematic I attached is the glowplug schematic from the Ford wiring diagrams. It came from the Chiltons wiring diagrams from the library. I think the one I posted is much easier to read, everything flows down the page instead of left right and all over the place.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just got this in the mail today, ordered it off E-Bay,
paid $30.64 free shipping. Has about 270 pages and is packed with a lot of good info. IDK, might be a reprint from IHC.
I was looking through EB listings and there is only one listed for the same price. Several in CD format, much cheaper.

Just a heads up.

I have the one for the 83 - 87 6.9, and this one is 3 times thicker.

Goat