Anybody else use?

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious about oil longevity with the filters. How well do they filter the soot out and for how long. I’m getting my engine back together after losing a oil jet cause the shop failed to use lock tite on them and lost oil pressure.

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The only person that can answer that question for you is a oil analysis lab.
I'm still going to change mine on my normal OCI. (Which is more than recommended)
I can put you in contact with a guy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just started using one though I'm using it as a remote mounted filter as it hits my cross member on my frame.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used that filter in conjunction with a frantz bypass filter and would stretch them out pretty far. With just that filter I’d feel safe at least going 8k OC I but definately send off a sample and see how your particular engine is doing. If your truck is a 2wd your going to have to notch the I beam bracket for the filter to clear

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used that filter in conjunction with a frantz bypass filter and would stretch them out pretty far. With just that filter I’d feel safe at least going 8k OC I but definately send off a sample and see how your particular engine is doing. If your truck is a 2wd your going to have to notch the I beam bracket for the filter to clear

That’s good to know...thank you