Anybody else have windsheild wiper problems at high speed?

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I removed my cowl a while back and when I reinstalled my driver side wiper after that it would always lift from the middle of the windshield after a few swipes, more and more swipes and less of the glass would be contacted till it was just the outer few inches that would get wiped. When I press hard down on the part of the arm that fits on the splined nub it would hit contact the glass good and then it would start to lift again. I thought the wiper arm was slipping up the splined part but thats not the case. It randomly stopped doing this and worked flawlessly for months then all of a sudden it started doing it again. I tried new wipers, switching the arms from drivers to passenger side and nothing helped. I kind of fixed it, the wiper works good but at high speeds I get the same lift, on the drive home when my IP went last weekend I was driving looking just over the wheel through the bottom of the glass or leaned over looking out the window at night on a busy snowy rainy mountain highway, not fun...

Anything else I could try? Is there a possibility that under the cowl a part of the gearing has come loose and the entire assembly that sits under the cowel is moving away from the glass causing it to miss?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like its not tight on the motor? but check the bolts holding motor or linkage in place
long as the part the arm mounts to is in place it shouldnt move
are youre springs weak in the arms?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine don't work great at highway speed, and the driver's side one chatters ALL THE DAMN TIME and it drives me nuts...

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll pop the cowel off and have a look, I dont think its the arms. I swapped the drivers and passenger arms around and they both work fine on the passnger side, something just isnt quite right on the driver side.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
, something just isnt quite right on the driver side.

Thats the case with most of us dude.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Mine does this also and everything is new, I went with a 16 inch bosch micro edge blade instead of an 18 and it really helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin