Any of you using water/**** injection yet?

Powerstroke2000

Keep the rubber side down
Reaction score
I don't believe there are too many vendors selling water/**** injection yet, although I know of two which sell them, and believe both of them work well.

Since this is actually fairly new for many of us, with regard to using it with our Powerstrokes, I thought I would see if any of you are using it yet, and what kind of results your finding?

I've heard of 250* lowering of EGT's, but how close is that in the real world of heavy use, while towing long hills?
We have some mountainous passes, where you travel 6% grades for about an hour...which then turns to 11% for a mile or so before getting back to level ground, so I'm wondering what kind of tank I'd need for the water/**** solution?
If a guy where on vacation while towing, you could certainly go through alot of cooling mixture! Are there any downsides to using this type of solution for long term useage?

Thanks in advance.

Dale

Powerstroke2000

Keep the rubber side down
Reaction score
Sorry Morepower02, typed out my post, and then noticed yours regarding this issue way down below it!

Have you noticed any other changes with your water/**** system? Much of a power increase..or seat of the pants feel at least?

Thanks...

Dale

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Powerstroke2000
Sorry Morepower02, typed out my post, and then noticed yours regarding this issue way down below it!

Have you noticed any other changes with your water/**** system? Much of a power increase..or seat of the pants feel at least?

Thanks...

Dale

The seat of the pants feeling is there when it comes on also the boost guage takes off faster. On the dyno it added around 20 hp. I have two nozzles but need a bigger pump. Make sure you get the temps up with it off before parking your truck or she will chug and blow a white cloud the next time you start it:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7