any new updates on running wmo in 7.3psd

Coopons

Reaction score
Anyone have any more knowledge on the effects of running wmo in a 7.3psd?
i just scored an old CF from the local hospital. Its programable for different RPM's. What kind of RPM is needed for proper cleaning. From reading previous threads I see most are running 85% wmo to 15% rug. Has anyone tried any different ratio's? I live at an altitude of about 3200 feet. Summer temps get as high as 30 to 35* celcius ( 86-95 *F) and -35 to -45*C(-31 -49F). I have read alot of previous threads but was wondering if there was anything new anyone wanted to share. I should add that i have a mixing and settling tank as well as a 3 filter set up. Curious if I should put my filter setup before or after my CF?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much stuck with the 80/20 ratio. My idi loves it but my new Truck is a psd and it will be run on the same fuel

Coopons

Reaction score
Pretty much stuck with the 80/20 ratio. My idi loves it but my new Truck is a psd and it will be run on the same fuel
Hey sidewinded, i see you have been runnning wmo for awhile. Have you had any troubles that i should look out for in my PSD. Its a 1996 if it makes any difference. And any idea how many rpm i should be running my CF at? I'm also not familiar with the climate where you live, what kind of temps do you see during the year?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sidewinded, i see you have been runnning wmo for awhile. Have you had any troubles that i should look out for in my PSD. Its a 1996 if it makes any difference. And any idea how many rpm i should be running my CF at? I'm also not familiar with the climate where you live, what kind of temps do you see during the year?

I live in so cal, so get really warmer temps. With your obs you have duel tanks. I always kept one tank diesel one tank wmo. I always shut the truck at the end of the day on diesel and in the mornings only switched to wmo once it warmed up to at least 185, once warmed up I ran it all day only switching back when it was done for the night. But my biggest advice is to overfilter. I used to centrifuge 3-4 passes but now I let it run for two days. I highly recommend not using anything but a centrifuge as the amount I pull out of a 50 gallon batch would plug a filter before it was processed so I know the people using gravity filters are missing a lot. Set it up so you can let it run while your away. I mix the gas in before I centrifuge I noticed it helps seperatly the contaminants. Other than that I’ve had zero issues running it compared to diesel

Coopons

Reaction score
Sidewinded thanks for the help! Greatly appreciated. In my search i saw a very clever way of heating the oil while it is being CF. ill post a pic in a liitle bit. all said and done the parts cost me $50.

Coopons

Reaction score
There it is put together.
You must be registered for see images attach

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my current and functioning setup. Currently making a ~30 gal batch. My current processes is to "Dry" the oil by steaming off the water/coolant in the oil by keeping the oil about 220-270*F (270* is a whoops max temp). The bubbles on top are the water boiling off. Then once done drain off the remaining gunk and junk till straight oil is drained out. Then pump it as straight oil at 150 to 170*F through both centrifuges. Using both they run at about ~60-70 psi and then when the volume of junk taken out is dramatically reduced I shut off the second centrifuge and run just the blue one at 90-95psi. Then run my mix through the centrifuge till that volume tapers off. Then blend in my rug/ d2 till my specific gravity is about 0.83-0.845 at 40-75*F depending on season and outside temp and driving distance IE (long distance trip = towards the 0.845-0.850). Blending includes more filtering for couple 4 ish hours (while off heat). Then store it or put it in the truck. I try to keep my oil in the w75-w85 to rug then blend in d2 as needed temp dependent. Can anyone think of anything im missing or should do?

Coopons

Reaction score
Clint you are a few steps ahead of me! lol. Looks like you have a really decent working setup. What type of vehicle are you going to run it in? Or have you run it yet and how does it run? i wont be able to get to work on my setup till i get home from christmas holidays:frustrate

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the last diesel I owned was an 03 6.0L and I ran wmo in it blended to ~0.840 but didn't dry the oil and was poorly filtered. That thought me a lot the hard way whoops. So ~20k in needed injectors I didn't want/ afford to put in so sold it got my financial feet under me again. Recently bought a 1999 F-250 7.3L and so far haven't ran wmo. This is my first batch in a several years and the first ever with a heater and good pump.

Yes my setup is a 55 gal barrel hole for ventilation and cleaning in top. It has a 1200w 110V regulated silicone heater. It has a 1/2 in union welded to the middle section with my temp gauge threaded in. I should have installed a drain in the bottom and probably will but don't have one yet. And yes one small role of R13 3.5in thick fiberglass wrapped around the drum and then yes plastic wrapped.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setups. Me personally I don’t heat it at all. I do cut it with gasoline before I centrifuge. Without heating or thinning with gas it’s too thick to spin the fuge. Once I mix it in my 50 gallon tank it runs through the fuge no problem. Also the centrifuge traps any water so I have never used any kind of heating

Coopons

Reaction score
I've been kicking the idea around in my head for awhile, finally getting serious about it. Price of fuel is ridiculous I'm paying $1.05 a litre for marked fuel here. ($3.97 a gallon) I've kind of thinking about one of those little CF's you guys both have. The one i have is pretty big and very heavy as well as its an open bowl style with a very small lip. Not sure how well it will work. Sidewinded is all that crap from one 50 gal run? And do you think it would be safe to mix the rug in then run through my heater and cf?

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imho it depends on your heater element and what ratio of rug your running. But yes rug is safe to heat to a point. However it will evaporate leaving you right close to ware you started. With heating oil is thinned quick so if your heating wait to add your rug. If your not heating add your rug and then spin it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online