any new updates on running wmo in 7.3psd

Coopons

Reaction score
Imho it depends on your heater element and what ratio of rug your running. But yes rug is safe to heat to a point. However it will evaporate leaving you right close to ware you started. With heating oil is thinned quick so if your heating wait to add your rug. If your not heating add your rug and then spin it up.
Sounds like solid advice thanks.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been kicking the idea around in my head for awhile, finally getting serious about it. Price of fuel is ridiculous I'm paying $1.05 a litre for marked fuel here. ($3.97 a gallon) I've kind of thinking about one of those little CF's you guys both have. The one i have is pretty big and very heavy as well as its an open bowl style with a very small lip. Not sure how well it will work. Sidewinded is all that crap from one 50 gal run? And do you think it would be safe to mix the rug in then run through my heater and cf?

I wouldn’t even heat it. I never heat and the centrifuge catches all the water. And yes I run 50 gallons at a time for 48 hours. That’s what it pulls out. It’s a 65gph fuge. That’s what I mean people that use spin on and house filters you can see that much from 50 gallons would plug a filter system solid really quick if it worked as good as a centrifuge. That’s my only recommendation to running wmo is mix the 20% gasoline in and centrifuge for longer than you need. Can never be too filtered. I run by this rule and have had zero issues burning a lot of wmo. I go through a 275 gallon ibc tote a week

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and yes when diesel threaded $4 /gal I started my wmo with limited funds and on a time constraint. This was a BIG mistake don't put it in if you think/ suspect its not right!! That is costly!! Set it up and test it out on a batch trying different things on the same batch and find out what pulls the most junk out with what you have to work with. Space is my issue and so is Money Money Money MOHONEY. Over extending your budget is not the right way to set up wmo wvo etc. Take your time. Then when your done with R & D fab and setup run some tests (small ish) and then let her rip.

I got a lot of my "bad" (detective) info from some ppl that in hindsight didn't really know what they were doing.

And some of the best and most detailed info I researched at usfiltermaxx in there tech articles > make black diesel. They brake the process down so it makes sense to me. They do "push" there centrifuge though. Oh well work with what you got and make it work the best it can.

https://usfiltermaxx.com/en/content/9-make-black-diesel

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and yes when diesel threaded $4 /gal I started my wmo with limited funds and on a time constraint. This was a BIG mistake don't put it in if you think/ suspect its not right!! That is costly!! Set it up and test it out on a batch trying different things on the same batch and find out what pulls the most junk out with what you have to work with. Space is my issue and so is Money Money Money MOHONEY. Over extending your budget is not the right way to set up wmo wvo etc. Take your time. Then when your done with R & D fab and setup run some tests (small ish) and then let her rip.

I got a lot of my "bad" (detective) info from some ppl that in hindsight didn't really know what they were doing.

And some of the best and most detailed info I researched at usfiltermaxx in there tech articles > make black diesel. They brake the process down so it makes sense to me. They do "push" there centrifuge though. Oh well work with what you got and make it work the best it can.

https://usfiltermaxx.com/en/content/9-make-black-diesel

Great advice. I made the mistake of running probably 100 gallons when I first started being cheap and had to clean out the fuel system. Spend the money and centrifuge is the only way to go. Even then make sure to centrifuge for multiple passes. I used to run it for 4 hours. I then ran a batch for 48 and couldn’t believe how much more came out so make sure to overrun it. I also run magnets in the bottom of my tanks to catch any metal particles I miss

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great advice. I made the mistake of running probably 100 gallons when I first started being cheap and had to clean out the fuel system. Spend the money and centrifuge is the only way to go. Even then make sure to centrifuge for multiple passes. I used to run it for 4 hours. I then ran a batch for 48 and couldn’t believe how much more came out so make sure to overrun it. I also run magnets in the bottom of my tanks to catch any metal particles I miss

Thanks and yes magnets aren't a bad idea. Also couple spare fuel filters in the truck and tools to change it. Just in case you make a mistake it doesn't park you.

Coopons

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I have been watching a few videos on utube. They were done by PA biodiesel. They had pretty much the same setup as you guys, very helpful to see it all in action. When I get back from holidays and get myself set up I'll share photos of my setup.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep my centrifuge and pump are pa biodiesel units. My pump I found on eBay for 180$ complete so a lot cheaper than the 800$ new

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here pa biodiesel pump and fuge. Id say get your motor/pump and fuge package off ebay and then build your setup with hydraulic hose (preferred) or oil cooler line and barbed hose (less desired). Hydraulic lines are meant to be disconnected and hose barbs aren't. Some people use old tractor fuel tanks others use 55 gal drums some use huge and hard to clean 250 gal fuel drums others yet use a hot water heater with the top cut off. What do you have and how can you mount your gear to it....

Coopons

Reaction score
I have 2 clean 55gal drums as well as a spare slip tank with a pump. Going to use the slip tank for collection of oil. As I can reverse the polarity on the pump and use it to suck then switch it back to pump. Was going to use 1 barrel to process and the other 1 to store the final product

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just know that when I collect used motor oil my regular transfer pumps won’t touch it until it’s cut with gas. When I pick up from my supplier I use my pneumatic graco fast ball pump hooked up to his air compressor.

Coopons

Reaction score
Well I decided to buy a pump and Cf from PA biodiesel. I have already collected a drum of oil that is settling. So hopefully when I get home the Cf has arrived and I can get to work building. I don't think it will take me more than a hour. I'm also thinking I might get a 203* thermostat for the old stroke.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I decided to buy a pump and Cf from PA biodiesel. I have already collected a drum of oil that is settling. So hopefully when I get home the Cf has arrived and I can get to work building. I don't think it will take me more than a hour. I'm also thinking I might get a 203* thermostat for the old stroke.

Yes super easy to put together. But like the poster above I made mine out of all -6 jic hydraulic hose. Makes it easy to take lines on and off and worry free when I have to leave it unnatended

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online