Answer Me This : Smoke

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Ok,

You all got me wondering about smoke, every one seems to want it out the back side.. SOoooooo...

Is my truck broke cuz when ever i look in that mirror i see no smoke at all !! i can lug the SOB down watching mirror and no smoke.

So is it broke or is it running correct..

????

Dave

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's running factory correct. Smoke is particulate emissions, and that's a no-no from the factory.

IMO, turning the pump up a little so there is JUST light smoke under heavy load is a good compromise between power and economy and is a more "normal" way to run a diesel (like the big trucks that are subject to less stringent emissions standards).

pafixitman

Reaction score
Stop by Gettysburg campground or Dillsburg (Kauffman's) the end of this month and we can get you smoke! ;Sweet

I have a touch under heavy load. Had it when I got the truck (actually I had a lot ) and lost all of it after the turbo. Turned her up New Year's Eve!

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Are you talking about the campground right off 116.. between fairfield and gettysburg?

I know that palce and am near there every week for friday night racing at Trailways in Littlestown off 116...

pafixit? You going to be there the April 28 - April 30? I'll drop by say hi you wont miss me big ass blue truck with a dump bed in her now.. But do I ahv eto register to ge tin the place to see ya?

is there a few of ya all going camping maybe i can work my way in there wife been on me to pull the trailer out but jus tnot sure yet about truck wan tto get guages in so I know actual temps and have someone look the baby over before i pull stuff..

thanks
Dave

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
You got the place!

The computer geeks are going to be at the dyno / open house at Kauffman's in Dillsburg. You can see what writing a check and punching a few keys will get you in the power department. Us IDI guys try to "crash" the party every year! :rotflmao

I'm rolling in around dinner time.(Work in MD!) Agnem will be an hour or two behind me. I'm not sure if Double-S-Diesel is spending the weekend or even coming out. He will probably bring a computer truck if he does.

On Saturday Exiekiel69 and possibly a few others will stop by in the morning. We will then caravan up Rt 15 and see some smoke.

I use the weekend as a good excuse to make sure the 5'r is ready for the season - close to home in the event of a problem.

Use your head, watch your exhaust and keep a light foot and you will be fine. IIRC, I'm in space 61. Not sure on the visitor fees.

BTW-My truck came from McConnellsburg by way of Kyner's in Chambersburg!

sassyrel

Reaction score
as stated--only a slight amount of smoke--anymore-your wasting your fuel--bolt a turbo on--then crank it up!!

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Well I only have the 1 Pull up the 6% grade out of waynesboro or route 16 to make then all down hill, I'm goign to ask the wife today see if she wants to camp for the weekend.. She didnt give me much of a answer yesterday.. or hell she will just have to sit at home and I'll motor on over Sat morn and meet up with all you guys...

I bought mine out of NJ via EBAY

But hey so far so good.

Last night I went for a spin the temp guage was about normal then i looked over and the "Engine Temp" DUMB light was on on the other sid eof the dash. Weird I man the temp guage was damn near on COLD but had went to the "N -O" in normal so I was not worried I thin kthe "DUMB" light is junk anyways. I did see a water in fuel light very dim one day so I guess I need to change the filter..

All new to this one this truck but will learn it soon enough..

Ha funny computer geeks that must be the guys with the PSD.

Ah DAMN IT.. I just looked I will be in class in gettysburg until 1PM on SATthe 29th.. So where might you all be at that time I don't need to be gettign lost. if Kauffman is the place thats where i will head to after class....

Thanks
Dave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.