Another dual fuel tank question

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok 86 f250 dual tanks, when I have the rear tank "on" truck runs fine, if I switch to the front tank the truck dies????? I thought it could be the pickup tube rusted off(have not pulled sending unit) but Ill fill up front tank fun down the road maybe a mile and then she just dies, and wont fire back up until I switch back to the rear tank. Am I looking at a sending unit? Selector valve? Blockage in the line?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Or bits of the shower head are in the feed line of the sender. Or at the connection to the selector valve. (The 90°)

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blow air back through the lines with the selector on FRONT. If it runs fine for a while, then yep, blockages. Most likely in the elbow where the feed line for the front tank connects to the selector.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Or bits of the shower head are in the feed line of the sender. Or at the connection to the selector valve. (The 90°)

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

This is great advice!!! I chased a fuel supply problem for months. It ended up being pieces of the shower head had gotten lodged in the selector valve and wreaked havoc on my fuel supply.

Thad