another cruise issue.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
...on my '96....all of a sudden it don't work and the #18 fuse checks out, all tail lights good, brake switch good, pulled the wheel pad and checked/cleaned the contacts and the 40 mi run in the morning really aggrivates my leg LOL ...so cookoo :confused: ....:popcorn

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I found water in my trailer plug. Caused my cruise not to work a little compressed air and WD40 made it work again.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't turn on the hazzard flashers did you. I accidently left mine on once and couldn't figure out why the cruise wouldn't work for 20 miles.

I'll dig in the books in a minute here for any other suggestions.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that was a waste of time. Damn books don't tell you squat, basicly says ohhhh it's complicated and should be done by the dealer:eek: :rotflmao

Here's what it does have,

1. inspect cruise control actuating switches for broken wires and loose connections
  2. check fuse
  3. on older models where it's controlled by vacuum..check hoses and connections and make sure any vacuum switches are working.
You're welcome to bring it by for some help troubleshooting the electrical if you can't get her figured out.

P.S. you know any good ways to cut curves and L shaped ceramic tiles, my new dremmel tile bit isn't doing squat on this new countertop.:frustrate:mad:-cuss :cry: :smash:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" diamond blade in an angle grinder. Make sure you remove the sheild...if yours is still on...

Thanks Joe,

I'll pick one up in the morning so I can get the sink back in before Mama kicks my @$$....:hail :backoff Gotta run to Lowes anyways for another 5/8" compression fitting I broke trying to snug it up to fix a teeny tiny drip on the supply line to the dishwasher.-cuss .....you know ..........that sick faint sounding "CRACK" as your wrench suddenly moves freely just 1 second before the gusher comes:eek: .......:oops: ........:cry: Yep been a fun day.

Last edited:

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Thanks Joe,

I broke trying to snug it up to fix a teeny tiny drip on the supply line to the dishwasher.-cuss .....you know ..........that sick faint sounding "CRACK" as your wrench suddenly moves freely just 1 second before the gusher comes:eek: .......:oops: ........:cry: Yep been a fun day.

Thats why I try not to work on Sundays.:confused: Always cause my self more work for some reason.:mad: :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle