Another bad day

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
:mad:So I got the old girl all fixed up with new spindles and bearings and seals. Drove her about 70 miles and felt ok. Still some spit and spudder when I try to get on it. Spits pretty good up around 2500rpm. Got to my destination and left the truck running. Looked out side and noticed smoke from the cab! Turned out to be one wire in the harness that run from in the dash and out by the heater box. Got the wire to chill out and went to head home. Made it twenty feet and it died. Turns out it burnt up the FSS wire to. So I rigged up a toggle switch and made it home. Also noticed that the drivers side lockout is mother f ing gone! just gone! Idk where it went and I know i put everything back the way it came off but the whole lock out is gone.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Im trying not to but its taking so much money. I love this truck it runs good but might need a ip rebuild soon. I have a misfire and some chuffing from the intake. Also a slight ping at idle when cold out of the exhaust. Ive spent over 3 grand in parts in a yr and half.