AMSOIL releases lube for the NV4500

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just got in the mail the AMSOIL action newletter thingy and they have in there where they released a lube finally recommened for the NV4500 it's called Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube MTG 75W-90 API GL-4 and it's cheaper then the Syntorq at the local Dodge and Chevy Dealers.

Looks like I'll be changing the old manual fluid here very very soon.

They also released MTF 5W-30 Sycthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid for the NV5600 Tranny as well.

Enjoy!

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
oops I think, I put Amsoil in my nv4500 about a year and a half ago. I'll have to look to see which one I put in. :confused:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Then I would bet it's the stuff not recommended - but I know from other boards that they never had a problem but it's just that AMSOIL was not recommending it. Your probably safe but at your next change interval if it were me I would be swapping it out. I guess it has something to do with the type of metal they used on the synco's.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I just looked at the leftover quart I have, it's series 2000 75w-90. I'll definatly look into what they recommend next time if I put Amsoil in again.
Thanks for the heads-up. :cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle