GMC nv4500 lube

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I want to order some lubricant for My gm nv4500, I read about this and turns out there is quite a bit of disagreement on this matter. Apparently it is bc some say the nv4500 have carbon fiber syncross and some disagree also some say when they are rebuilt the rebuilder will use brass syncross therefore no need for the one and only Castrol Syntorque lube.
Some people claim penzoil syncromesh is the proper oil to use, some swear by the redline MT 90.
I would rather not risk the tranny since I'm not looking to rebuild it any time soon. I read some saying that the amsoil stuff is even better than the Castrol Syntorque lube so, I know we have amsoil dealers here and many are well experienced mechanics so I'd like to hear Your opinion if You want to share it.

Thank You.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Me I ran mobile one branded fluid I think it was 75/140 if I'm not mistaken - syn lube and didn't have a problem because of lube or wrong kind of lube. Little stiff in the cold morning but it was always like that until you got her generating some heat.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Castrol Syntorque lube in the NV4500, you wont regret piece of mind.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Castrol or amsoil only and I rebuilt both of mine with brass. I don't want to pull and rebuild those ******** again.