alright stupid question need a stupid answer

1989f2507.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1995 f250 turbo set up in the city for 150 probably a chop shop or sketchy junkyard but im going with a freind would u chance it? and would it fit my 1989

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It won't fit an IDI without major reworking. The up and down pipes won't fit and the intake is wrong. Basically you'll have a turbo housing that you'll need to somehow attach to the engine. The rest gets thrown in the trash or sold.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
the difference is that you have an idi that didnt come with a turbo (the 93's did but for 9 years they didnt), the 95 is a 7.3 direct inject powerstroke that will barely run without a turbo. It was designed with the turbo in mind and to fit in a truck. Nothing between the two engines will interchange (some random internal part will but I cant remember what it is at the moment).

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Other than the words Ford, the powerstroke and the IDI are two different motors. So, back to my first post, NOTHING will fit. You'll need to fabricate everything to make it fit the IDI. Plus, the turbo will probably boost too much for the IDI to handle, so the wastegate will need to be turned down quite a bit. You may be able to sell it, check Ebay to see what they're going for.

1989f2507.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did like 150 for the turbo but down pipes and all are not on there. i heard a rumeor of buses having turbos in the 80s and early 90s

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only buses that had turbos in those years, were ones with the DT-466 engine. Hypermax makes turbo kits for IDI buses, so that's the other posibility, but not from the factory.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being just the turbo it's probably a junk one that someone is trying to resell. Or possible a used one that was replaced with an aftermarket unit (PSD's are money pits with a plethora of expensive hotrod parts available).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online