Age Catching Up with the Ole 95 PSD. Need Replacement Part Advice

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Think I spun it 180, then kinda levered the whole thing towards the drivers tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a manual. I really think it's just about there but the slave cylinder is in the way

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy **** it got it out! I dunno if out helped but I jacked up the front end. I reckon the main issue I had was an ear on the front header catching on brake lines

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O rings were definitely bad. The large ones just snapped off, and the little ones still had some stretch to them but were definitely done.
I can see clearly through all of the holes in the tube and all of the metal is good so I don't reckon I have to worry about buying a new cooler. That's a win!
Thanks to having kids I will have top call it a day. At least I got it out.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do and I don't look forward to putting it back in. Lol
Tomorrow I'll have half the day to work on the truck. I hope to get the oil cooler cleaned up and ready to go back in and find another bolt for my thermostat and get that back in with RTV. Sunday I hope to have the oil cooler fully reinstalled, thermostat fully installed, and replace the outside U joint on my driver front axle. I hope.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all back in and I THINK it's all good. Have to let the RTV set on the thermostat before I can know anything.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To button up the thread, because I hate those threads without a resolution, I've got everything back together. Well, mostly.
The oil cooler is resealed and appears good. A couple notes on the oil cooler work. You can work the whole thing with both headers out and back in the truck without removing anything extra. You also can out the oil cooler back together by hand without mechanical means. I use assembly lube and body weight.
The thermostat didn't seal so I still have to monkey with that. Everything else appears good to go.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sweet.
I don't have enough potatoes to force it back together. Lol
Maybe can find somewhere that has the motorcraft thermo in stock and can get them to give you the seal off it.
How did the thermostat neck look?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears good to me, in my amateur opinion. I got a felpro gasket and I'll try that with RTV. No Motarcraft in the area.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, yeah. I thought about trying to make a gasket with the rubberized cork stuff.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ****! The thermostat isn't leaking but the rear header of the oil cooler is gushing oil at the bottom.