Adding ABS Sensor to D44HD

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With T-case sensors one wire runs to the ECM and/or cruise if so equipped, and the other is grounded. Thus all you need to do in your truck is disconnect your cruise signal wire from the PSOM and hook it up to one of the VSS leads instead, and then ground the other lead. You're basically copying the factory setup for an IDI with cruise and manual transmission. So if your truck had factory cruise, you already got all you need as far as wiring harness goes. The VSS signal wire for the cruise will possibly be grey with a black tracer.

Where is your gear chipped? Some areas of the tooth don't care one bit, I've seen one in a car that was auto-crossed that most would just chuck out into the scrap pile but it held up just fine to the continuous abuse.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, wiring is easy.

It's got a good sized chunk missing at one or the other end of the tooth - basically 1/4 or so of the surface is missing. There's also some evidence of pitting on the faces that I looked at and the backlash feels much too loose. It was driving fine when it was pulled, so yes it could probably still be used, but I'm not going to. The intent is to get a solid known good rear end under the truck and a new gear set isn't that expensive. My hope was that it would all be in very good shape since the axle I thought it was had ~50k on it and it was all light loads. Pretty sure that one must have gotten sold and this one is out of the black 2wd that was probably over 300k and well beat.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you're right, the later cruise works just fine wired directly off the t-case sensor. Nice to know, makes it an easier swap for folks. Wish I'd have known when I was going in circles trying to fix a bad connection on the PSOM I had in there.... oh well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger