Added Scout diesel to the fleet...

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came across this on CL Monday. I decided it was too nice to pass up. Someone at work wanted to buy my Jeep so I guess I thought I needed a diesel trail rig. Here's a couple pics.
Specs:
Nissan SD33T 116,141 miles
T19 4spd
Dana 300 t-case
Dana 44 axles (3.55 gears)
Body is really solid for the rust belt, top has never been off since new, purchased from second owner, factory AC (doesn't work), engine has no oil leaks (never seen that on a 30 yr old untouched engine). I plan on making a mild trail rig out of this and have a lot of fun.

Attachments

• diesel scout1.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 59
  • diesel scout2.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 29

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats ;Sweet looks a lot like my old Scout, except yours has a lot less rust LOL

Would love to see some higher-quality/resolution pics when you get a chance :angel:

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats ;Sweet looks a lot like my old Scout, except yours has a lot less rust LOL

Would love to see some higher-quality/resolution pics when you get a chance :angel:

I'll take a lot more pics when I get it home. Those were cell phone pics the PO sent me. It was well after dark last night when I got there to look at it.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this thread is old and I have done a lot of work to the Scout since I last posted.

After creating a plan of attack a friend and I tore the axles apart and put all new bearings and seals in them with an Aussie Locker in the front and a mini spool in the rear. The wheels are METHOD and tires are 285/75/16's. All of that sits on a 4 inch Rough Coutry lift and spring shackles that I built. The rear bumper was something simple that I made and the front was a purchased unit that came ready for my winch. The engine got all new filters, oil, EGR blockoff, a pyrometer, alluminum radiator, coolant filter, poly engine mounts, and 2.5" exhaust from the turbo back. Inside I added a new dash, better Scout original seats, CB, CD player, and speakers. Here are a couple pics from a trail ride I took it on in TN.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw one in a CL listing in the area not too long ago. Body wasn't as nice, but hey - it was still pretty decent

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually saw one in a CL listing in the area not too long ago. Body wasn't as nice, but hey - it was still pretty decent
It was probably still in better shape than mine was...the body on my old Scout was bad even by Rust Belt standards :shocked:

BTW, Sledgehammer, the two pics you tried to attach to the last post didn't work...but I would love to see it ;Sweet