AC compressor bracket for '84 E350

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is a long shot, but thought I might inquire in case someone has pulled an engine out of an E-series for a rebuild/transplant/etc and might have the AC compressor bracket before I take the time to try and fabricate something.

I am looking to re-install air conditioning as one of my winter projects in the van. A previous owner gutted the AC system out presumably to make for an easier turbo and air filter installation, and the bracket that would normally hold the compressor has been trimmed. I think it will be the easiest and most economical to try and rebuild a factory system if I can make all the components fit (even new components don't seem to be too spendy), but if anyone has other aftermarket AC suggestions I am open ears.

thanks-

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right - summer is here, so I'm about two months behind on getting serious about this project! I had a few sources lined up, but they didn't work out... so I'm begging here again.

If anyone has a spare mounting brackets for an AC pump? Per above, my old AC system has been stripped and I'd really like to get it functional again. If someone had a used pump that is in good shape that would be great too, but I'm guessing that I'm best off to just bite the bullet and get a reman, have a local AC shop build new hoses and do this system right!

A few photos of what I'm looking for:

Here is where my AC pump should sit - you can see the spacers and bracket fab'd to hold the air filter:
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the piece that I think I need to mount the pump to:

And I also need the steel plates like the ones attached to the compressor:

I'd much rather have the factory pieces than try to fabricate something. If you've got these pieces on a spare motor or in a box and wouldn't mind shipping them out for a few bucks, please let me know. I'm also all ears to any other advice as I put things together here!
thanks- josh

* - having issues getting the photos to post in line with text - sorry!

Attachments

• 3-21 001.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 17
  • ac bracket1.jpg
    ac bracket1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ac bracket 3.jpg
    ac bracket 3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised Al isn't ******** all over himself over the first pic. His much desired Saginaw bracket pic is there.
I have AC brackets for F-series if it helps. I'm awful about standing in line to ship stuff though.

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised Al isn't ******** all over himself over the first pic. His much desired Saginaw bracket pic is there.
I have AC brackets for F-series if it helps. I'm awful about standing in line to ship stuff though.
Ha!
Sorry, won't be able to part with the Saginaw pump! So the photos of the AC brackets are actually from an F-series. It looks like it would work to my untrained eye, though I wonder if there is a conflict with the saginaw pump bracket? I was thinking that they were interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online