A progress report on the 6.9 rebuild.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update...........

I did get the modifications to the radiator support finished and the front clip is back on the truck. I mounted the fan on the pump and installed the new Rodney Red radiator. The mods are a complete success! There is room to spare between the radiator and fan......... and plenty more room for the IC without having to remove or modify my stock valance on the front clip.

I got my IC plumping from CX Racing today. What sucks............. my partner is taking more time off and I won't be able to work on the project again until early June! More pressure and less time to finish this all up, test and break-in the newly rebuilt 6.9, and be ready for the Rally.

I've got some photos I need to load and post for you guys. Again, just need some time to do it.LOL

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, getting very close to being done. She started for the 1st time last night and sounded and ran wonderfully. Drove it a few mile here and there to my friend's shop. He's going to TIG up the IC pipe for me. It is leaking power steering fluid, the lower radiator hose is leaking, and the turn signals don't work. But, all things considered, that's not bad at all.

I'll do a real update in the next week or two when the IC pipe is finished and installed. Just wanted to share my excitment on getting it started and moving again.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tuble ligation hell... Just sew it up... That'll save us all now wont it...;Sweet:sly:angel:
Glad you read that your back on the road Heath. Thats a really good feeling too. Those injectors look sweet too. You know how to make a man drool...-Drool:angel:

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Heck I am getting exited over here to see this build come together

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates. It is intercooled and running like a top. I've fixed my power steering pump leak and coolant leak............. but......... The dang fuel heater plug on the 7.3 filter header is now leak fuel and it needs to come off and be sealed up.:mad:

I wanna try hauling the fifth wheel this weekend to see how she does with a load. Empty, the power is night and day compaired to before the rebuild. The balance work was a big improvment as I really think it will help the 6.9 last a lot longer.

I promise to add a "real" update with photos, just been so busy at work.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel