A L O T of RDT "smoke"

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I don't know why, but there seems to be more vapor or "smoke" at idle than there used to be. Enough now that people are watching me @ traffic lights to see when I will bail from the truck 'cause it's on fire. Is this normal as the outside temps get warmer?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I don't think the outside temps will make any difference, mine started to make more smoke (steam) than usual about 1 month ago.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
How about CDR+exaust scavenged RDT. :rotflmao

You must be registered for see images

Just get me through the summer. LOL

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
I haven't been out on the road yet. It' a major game of musical chairs to get that thing out of my yard and I'm still working on some saftey issues. I can tell the CDR is doing all the work at idle.

It should be rolling this week if I don't get blown away in a tornado first.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I know what the parts are but could you pan out a little so I could get a better idea of where the system comes from & goes? What is the CDR hooked to?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the CDR's hooked to the air intake on an old-style ATS turbo. Actually, what little I can see of the box looks identical to mine.

Krawlr, do you have the "snail shell" ATS 088 turbo on your truck? I'm attaching a picture of what mine looks like...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Yea it's the old ATS. The CDR is flipped from it's original position. I still had to weld some tabs on to tilt it forward a little. The scavenger valve is right behind the cab.(I run straight pipe)

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Well I got it out and hammered it hard up the big hill. It seems to be keeping up well with the amount of blowby I have. ;Sweet

I really think I want to put an old school Cummins in there next winter.

And the front fuel tank sender has now failed. Just put the tank in last summer. ;Pissed

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Why even use the CDR? I Used the same check valve and just came off the front of the cover below the oil fill and out to the scavenge system.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Check out Towcats link above, Thats what I did and sometimes it is not noticable and other times you see more. But it's out of the exhaust not out from under the hood. much better. No problems !

Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
What does a scavenger kit do? Is it used with the CDR? What would be the downside to putting the CDR back on as Bank's had intended. Or just plumbing into my intake (homemade). This is what I have to work with:

Attachments

• PB150023.JPG
    PB150023.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 45

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
apextrans said:
What does a scavenger kit do? Is it used with the CDR? What would be the downside to putting the CDR back on as Bank's had intended. Or just plumbing into my intake (homemade). This is what I have to work with:

The scavenger kit uses exaust pulses to pull the fumes from the crankcase.

For me the scavenger kit is assisting the CDR at higher engine speeds. If the CDR could keep up, I'd leave it alone, I really need an engine. Originally my CDR pointed down with an "S" shaped hose going right to the valve cover.

If I used just an RDT I'm sure it would probably smoke like crazy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online