A Heartfelt Thanks to all of you

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I've been a member for a while and the advice I've received here from many of you has been invaluable.

I just wanted to say thank you publicly. There are many Diesel forums out there but Oilburners stands out - what an awesome group of folks who give of their knowledge freely and patiently.

Way to go folks.

-Eric

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Still less than what I would have spent on a Powersmoke :) or Cummins! Plus I have 1800 wmo miles

2800/16=175 gallons x $4.50 = $787.50 saved in about a couple of months. Will save even more after I start drivin' 'er daily!

:)

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have to agree with manky this site is completely awesome because most people in my town think that they didn't make a 7.3 without a turbo and have no clue what idi means so without this site I would have been lost on a lot of things.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody can go out and buy a new car or truck, all it takes is a bank loan, but you've got to be really twisted/psychotic to keep your old junk on the road, especially burning stuff others threw away (what's that line about one man's trash being another man's treasure?)

I love the old stuff. I have a new company car and all I can say is it looks nice when it's washed, it keeps miles off my personal vehicles, it gets good gas mileage, but overall it seems pretty gay when parked next to my truck. If it got smashed in a wreck I'd get another one, probably just like the last one. If my IDI got smashed I'd cry for a little while and then figure out how I would put at least some of it back together.

These old IDI's are pretty addictive aren't they?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still less than what I would have spent on a Powersmoke :) or Cummins! Plus I have 1800 wmo miles

2800/16=175 gallons x $4.50 = $787.50 saved in about a couple of months. Will save even more after I start drivin' 'er daily!

:)

175 gallons in a few months:rotflmao I go through that in 4 days:cry:

I'll just say just buying a Dodge/Cummins saves me $500 a week in fuel alone over my last Ford. Monthly fuel savings pays the truck payment, wifes car payment, RV payment, House payment and gives me change.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Yeah well I work from home and only haul 1,000 miles about once a quarter. I love my truck, and it will be running well after most other's will no longer be. It's distinctive, cheap to maintain and makes me happy - after all what else matters?

This IS after all a Ford sub-forum matee :)

175 gallons in a few months:rotflmao I go through that in 4 days:cry:

I'll just say just buying a Dodge/Cummins saves me $500 a week in fuel alone over my last Ford. Monthly fuel savings pays the truck payment, wifes car payment, RV payment, House payment and gives me change.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't complain about this place....Good idea's and info...Now my wife might not see it the same way....She would probably say that it's all your guy's fault that I can't leave my truck alone......LOL...."You might be a redneck if you work on your truck when there's nothing wrong with it"...She posted that from a calander on our fridge.:D

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
lotzagoodstuff that is the funniest and yet truest (is that even a word?) statement I have read in YEARS! I laughed till I was crying.

To everyone else again thank you! I drove from kissimmee florida to Portland Oregon in an 87 crew cab towing its own weight, I made that trip with the help of all of you and I cant thank all of you enough.

R. Justin Apsley

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well I work from home and only haul 1,000 miles about once a quarter. I love my truck, and it will be running well after most other's will no longer be. It's distinctive, cheap to maintain and makes me happy - after all what else matters?

This IS after all a Ford sub-forum matee :)

1000 miles a quarter:rotflmao :hail :rotflmao Geezuz man that's only 2 days work:D and 3000 miles since you got it

Now I remember when you bought that truck 8 months ago you were gonna rebuild it, put her to work hauling and make money, what happened because the old Ford only manages to sqeeze out 333 miles in a month (broke, slow:dunno )........ Now I've run 91,000 in the last 7 months, go in the shop for an oil change once a month and have had 1 u joint, 2 batteries and 10 tires replaced(6 were put on the 06 Ford just before I traded it DUH), that's it, no kidding

Oh and this is a PUBLIC forum:D:popcorn :angel:

Bustin yer chops man, whatever happened to the work you were trying to line up for the truck, I know you had put a lot of work into it to get it ready.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, BY FAR without the help of allot of you guys, I'd have ran atleast a couple of our trucks off a cliff. It still seems like we never get a break, but atleast I have you guys to come crying to about what's happened this time! lol

Some of the crazy members even gave me their phone numbers, so I can rant and complain right over the phone. lol

To be honest, I love my IDI's. It makes me sad when I get mad at them when they refuse to run. I just wish they werent so old and grumpy (like some of you guys ;) )
Thanks a million you guys!

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
To be fair I miss-spoke that's 989 miles one way so twice the mileage previously stated. The truck has hauled about 20-30 tons of rock to the dump, 22 tons of sand, countless loads of topsoil, lots of horsey poop and stuff like that.

And I do haul some stuff about weekly - but nothing to write home about. It's a great truck, I love it, it does what it's supposed to. And yes I'm restoring it - the new tarted up bed/tailgate go on in about a week.

A labor of love. And josh away it's all good. I'm happy :)

1000 miles a quarter:rotflmao :hail :rotflmao Geezuz man that's only 2 days work:D and 3000 miles since you got it

Now I remember when you bought that truck 8 months ago you were gonna rebuild it, put her to work hauling and make money, what happened because the old Ford only manages to sqeeze out 333 miles in a month (broke, slow:dunno )........ Now I've run 91,000 in the last 7 months, go in the shop for an oil change once a month and have had 1 u joint, 2 batteries and 10 tires replaced(6 were put on the 06 Ford just before I traded it DUH), that's it, no kidding

Oh and this is a PUBLIC forum:D:popcorn :angel:

Bustin yer chops man, whatever happened to the work you were trying to line up for the truck, I know you had put a lot of work into it to get it ready.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Hey Tonka
You must be registered for see images

Sorry buddy, had to bring it up. :rotflmao

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tonka

Sorry buddy, had to bring it up. :rotflmao

BWAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA That's hilarious:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.

Right back at cha
You must be registered for see images attach

I spoke with guy that did this and he said he rearranges the letters on all his beaters.