A good deal?

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some 94's were idi'd and some were psd'd , all ya goto do is ask him to take a pic of the engine and u will be able to tell right away if its a psd or idi

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
its a powerstroke you can see the direct injection on the intake, 94 was the change over year. you could get a NA IDI, turbo IDI or a powerstroke. i dont know that paint could be hiding allot of problems. the body dousent look straight behind the door at the bottom in the one pic. i like the duct tape covering the holes in the cab.LOL

it looks like a cheep price but buyer beware. he sound fairly straight about the issues though...

fordf550e

Reaction score
It's a PSD just to let you know. I can't believe what they have done to the poor thing haha. ".45 holes in the tailgate," "Bumper cut in half" wow haha

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a good deal, the PSD engine will sell for $2500 by itself on evilbay

Really? Do you guys think it would be wise to buy it and part it out? I need the ZF-5. I wouldnt mind using the front clip too, I always liked the round front end. If I could get my money out of it I would consider it. Ill email him and see if its still there.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PSD tranny is slightly different...I think the bolt pattern's the same (don't quote me on that, though; I may well be wrong), but in any event, the clutch hydraulics are different. The slave cylinder's located inside the bellhousing.

I don't know if you could adapt it to work with an IDI, or if you would have to replace the clutch hydraulic system, or if it flat-out won't work, or what...I would find that out before purchasing the truck...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PSD tranny is slightly different...I think the bolt pattern's the same (don't quote me on that, though; I may well be wrong), but in any event, the clutch hydraulics are different. The slave cylinder's located inside the bellhousing.

I don't know if you could adapt it to work with an IDI, or if you would have to replace the clutch hydraulic system, or if it flat-out won't work, or what...I would find that out before purchasing the truck...

Not sure what the differences are but they did change from a ZFS542 to the ZFS547 in '94 or '95 if that means anything....Gonna need one of these gurus here to answer that.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
the trannys IDI to PSD are the same, It is the gassers that are different
The 42 and 47 have some internal differnces as well as a different 1st gear ratio.
4x4 and 4x2 also different, F-superduty bieng the exception.
a 42 will fit in place of a 47 , and vice verses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online