A/C unit

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with the cummins a/c pump. I will hit the cross member and it is off about 2", does anyone know of a short a/c unit that would work on our system?

I'm thinking I could make it work on the same position of the cummins a/c pump since I really don't want to add belts to the cummins system.

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I know that is where I got My engine mounts but they need the 97 dodge a/c pump bc this one won't fit. I had to remove the a/c pump so I could install the engine on the ford.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
When you say cummins a/c, are you referring to the compressor that came from the Dodge, or are you talking about something else?

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
I mean, are you talking about the a/c pump that came with the Dodge, or do you have something different?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
so just buy one for a 97 you might be moeny ahead im not shure but it should fit and bolt up to your engine youd think anyway

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well since no one want to venture a guess I had to go forward with this, I called the guys at forcummins and asked what they would do, they offer a 94+ a/c pump for that I would need a new bracket and total I would end spending around $450 and still cut part of the cross member so I didn't want to do that and started looking at the 89 ctd a/c pump I already have and cut a section of the cross member that to Me it will not compromise the frame so lets hope I'm right :rolleyes: .

I have a few pictures I know a lone soul will some day appreciate to look before the slaughter.

The cost so far was 0 bc I already had the a/c pump the catch is that when ever I have the pump rebuild I'll have to use the same core since I had to cut the two bolt in the back in order to make it fit. This unit is 10" long, My idea was to find any other unit much shorter if possible with an 8 row pulley but since that didn't succeed I used the same unit minus the rear bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0001~1.JPG
    IMG_0001~1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0003~1.JPG
    IMG_0003~1.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0004~1.JPG
    IMG_0004~1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0006~1.JPG
    IMG_0006~1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0007~1.JPG
    IMG_0007~1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 15

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I tried to answer you, but for some reason our wires were getting crossed. I have seen people do it the way you have started to do it and work fine. Here is a link to what I did. Go down to post #27. There is a picture of my a/c mount. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/cummins-conversions-shop-talk-tools-fabrication/51358-my-94-f350-12v-conversion-3.htmlIf the link won't work for you, let me know, and I will try to post up pics for you.:cheers:

The link doesn't work. I plan to install a bracket behind the a/c pump since I had to remove the one on the engine. Now I need to connect this hoses to My ford system, do You have any pics by chance?

Thank You.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Here you go. Here is a pic of the a/c. I also threw in some from the rest of my conversion. I don't have mine hooked up yet to give you any tips on that. I am actually going to use a lot of stuff from some hot rod companies.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is only one pic of the a/c pump that I see, looks like You raised it and moved the alt to the right. You are also using some serious turbo twins :D .

I can't do that on mine, I have the fuel filter at the top driver side of the engine but a bit higher and I don't want something so big on the way on top of the IP. My idea is to keep everything on the stock position even dough I use the ford alt but I have a bracket for that. You need the space for those huge turbos and except for the IC pipes there is not much on the way of the stock position for the a/c pump. as long as it doesn't hit the cross member I'm ok now I have to go to the hydraulic hose shop and get them to mate a few hoses together.

Btw I've seen Your conversion before and man I envy Your shop.

Thank You.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
I finally found the link I was looking for. He has a lot of custom and factory pieces to make a custom system work-http://www.rayeveritt.com/ If you have any questions, I may be kind of slow getting back to you, I have class all week from 8am to 9:30 PM. I will try to keep up with it, if I can.-Nicholas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726