A/C EVAPORATOR BOX INSULATION

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some months ago, there was a discussion about insulating the outside of the A/C box and someone posted pictures and a link to some wonderful shiny stuff.

Since then, I have suffered a computer crash and change-over to a new computer, thus losing all my saved goodies.

It would be appreciated if whoever posted about the insulation could pass that information along again.

The big HOLSET turbo and down-pipe are inches away from the evaporator box and I am certain it would benefit from a good insulating.

Would I also benefit from wrapping the accumulator with the same stuff ??

I also intend to devise a shiny tread-plate shield of sorts to reflect that heat away.

Thanks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I use Fat Mat on my evap box. It sure works well too. Its much cheaper than dynamat too. Darrin used it to nisulate his crewcab so I followed the same. I just didn't use any on the roof. I could not figure out how to one man remove the head liner safely. Since then I found the front windshield needs to be removed or you will damage it taking it out a door. I used 2 layers on everything I could reach. The truck sure looked huge with the doors open and the seats removed.

Last edited: