a/c Blower

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mine has 4 speed positions, but only 3 work, the faster 4th position does not work. Where should I start looking?

Thank You.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, I would check the switch. The first 3 positions route the return current from the fan through a selection of resistors. The 4th position is a direct route to ground, and the switch probably carries the highest current at that position, so it may have cooked some contacts.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
I concur.

With the exception of the off setting, yer '93 is wired the same way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Only failure point for max to not work, but the other settings to is the switch itself or the connector.

Pull it and inspect.

Adrianspeeder

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You, I'll pull it and check things out. It never worked but the lady doesn't like it so hot on summer and the reason is not the a/c but the blower not "blowing" strong enough.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the faster 4th position does not work.

Do you mean that the blower quits when shifted into fourth speed position; or, do you mean that when shifted into fourth position, there is no change in speed from third position??

My blower speed has never impressed me.

I am going to check, tomorrow, and see if I have four seperate speeds, or only the first three.

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes, that is what I meant, up to 3rd position it has different 3 speeds but the 4th position it still runs but no change from the 3rd speed.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ez,
Napa also carries the replacement switch. I can't recall the part number right off hand though.:dunno
You'll know when you take the panel off. The switch usually melts down purdy good if let go too long.

Don't ask me how I know that but the smell of something electrical burning was my clue.:rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it could be that you have stuff clogging your vents, and maybe the speed change isn't noticeable because the fan is already supplying more air than the ducts can handle. I just pulled the fan on Lady Moose last weekend, and removed enough mouse nest material (made out of the bottom of my seats, and floor mat! -cuss ) to fill a 2 gallon bucket.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well it could be that you have stuff clogging your vents, and maybe the speed change isn't noticeable because the fan is already supplying more air than the ducts can handle. I just pulled the fan on Lady Moose last weekend, and removed enough mouse nest material (made out of the bottom of my seats, and floor mat! -cuss ) to fill a 2 gallon bucket.

I have to get around that as well.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the fan on Lady Moose last weekend, and removed enough mouse nest material (made out of the bottom of my seats, and floor mat! -cuss ) to fill a 2 gallon bucket.

I did the clean out last fall.

I got nearly a five gallon bucket of gunk from the air-box, and those compartments behind the kick-panels.

There was so much trash between the blower and A/C evaporator that I don't see how it kept from blocking the fan from turning, let alone blowing out the vents.

I wonder how many trucks have burned on account of trash in the air-box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online