99 Ford F-250 7.3L International Cam Sensor = increased fuel mileage?

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy stopped by in his 02 7.3L to pick up the remnants of my stock exhaust system and while he was here, he mentioned a way to improve mileage on the 7.3Ls. He said to swap in an International Cam Sensor?? Does anybody know about this ? and is it legite? Sounds like a load of crap to me, but i just drive it. cookoo

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Some claim the cam sensor from a DT466E will improve milage a little. :dunno

The stock sensor for the T444E is the same part we use in the PSD.

I would go with a load of crap myself.:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your talking a CPS (Cam Position Sensor), IH numbers as follows.

Black 1825899 No longer available.

Gray 1876735C91

Blue 1876736C91

I've ran all three in my 99.5 and didn't see any difference in fuel milage. Black was the original, then recall was Gray. Blue, I think is the DT466E . I bought them when they were $17 from IH. A lot of guys swear by the Black ones give the best preformance, but like I say they are no longer available, unless you still have the original. OTC (IIRC) makes a tool (expensive) to measure the clearance (depth) of the CPS to the Cam.

fuurgoncin

Reaction score
You would be better of getting rebuilt injectors if you really want to improve mileage.....I have to do it soon too and I am getting Stage 1's form either Swamps or Rosewood ..... I have over 410 k kilometres on mine runs real well but I have noticed a 10-15 % drop in mileage over the last 2 years and they make a little noise untill they reach operating temp