97 444E fuel pressure

jeffnzoya

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to shim/modify the fuel pressure on a 97 International with the 444E.

My current fuel pressure pulses between 38 and 40 psi on a liq. filled guage.

Thank's

Jeff

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it could be the same as your truck or it could be the same as the 94.5-97 trucks.this and this is the 94-97 regulator.it will be bolted to the side of the filter housing.shim it till you have 60 PSI

jeffnzoya

Reaction score
I checked my International canister and it is different than the one in your photo. It does have the twist off canister but is attached to a plate that is attached to the main filter canister and there is no nut like in your photo anywhere on the main filter canister.

Thanks

Jeff.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just went and looked at the 99 IH 4700 we have here.on the front of you filter can there should be a block with 3 lines on it and the pressure fitting bolted to the can.it should have 2 lines on the drivers side and one on the passengers side.the single line should be black plastic and runs to the back of the engine down to the frame.that is the return line to the tank.take that line off.the piece that lines threads onto unscrews from the regulator body.unscrew it and there should be a spring in there that you can shim to up the pressure.unfortunately i dont have a camara.if you can post a picture of yours i can save it,mark the part and repost it if that will help.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
forgot i posted pics of the ih 444 on superdutydiesel.com

the regulator is circled in red.the fitting with the blue arrow needs to be removed and there should be a spring in there.will probably have to stretch the spring instead of dropping washers or something in there as the fuel needs to be able to flow through it.

Attachments

• ih2.jpg
    ih2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 17

jeffnzoya

Reaction score
I took the spring out and stretched it as much as I could, (kind of buggered up the end while holdeing with plyers). I now have a pulsing fuel pressure of 40 to 60psi consistantly pulsing between those two numbers.

I did not have a chance to drive the rollback but by putting it is gear and hitting the throttle there is a noticable difference. That makes me wonder how much more improvements I can get.

Is it normal for the pressure to pulse like that or is that something I need to address?

Jeff.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its going to pulse cuz it has a mechanical fuel pump not electric.i think but im not 100% sure that the 10K mod will work on the IH as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726