95 PSD 8 bolt stamped steel intake question

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
here Hey Folks

This is kind of a repeat of a post I have on another site & thought I'd see if I get any more bites on it to see if I'm overlooking something simple.

Heres a quick copy/paste

How has or has anyone pulled the drivers side stamped steel intake plenum off the head without pulling the turbo?

I got the pass side resealed very easily & thought I'd tie into the pass side today but after getting some of the junk out of the way (air filter,intake bracket,HX hose,compressor ypipe,wiring,etc...) It looks like its about impossible to get to the lowermost bolts back in the rear corner especially the one just below the compressor housing. the one on the very lowermost end has the notch cut in the plenum so complete bolt removal isnt needed but the hard fuel line fittings from the pump are right in the way.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

I will add a few pics as soon as they upload to show what I'm talking about if the above doesnt make much sense.

Cheers

In edit - click here for a group of pics that show where I'm running into the tough spot. Dont mind the white stuff on the engine as its baby powder used to find the leaky intakes.

Thanks

Bean

Reaction score
Sorry, your sol. Have to pull the turbo to getrdone.

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
:eek: Damn Thats not what I was wanting to hear - it started raining when I went to button er up so I quit for the day & thought I may find someone that says "oh yeah, take a whizbanger socket with 2 u-joints & 6 extensions on go from the tranny end" or something like that :frustrate

redneckhouston

dodge killer
Reaction score
hey brian, like bean said gotta pull the turbo, ive had mine off afew times fitting muh spacers. had to pull theturbo every time pita

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Well I have told & convinced myself its not leaking that bad to go thru with jerking the old stock turbo out just yet.

I have heard of the guys going with the 10 bolt 3" intakes off the newer engines & having to "ding" the intakes to get em on - I got a set laying out there & there looks to be a lot more than a ding to get them on.

So I reckon this will be a job saved for when the turbo gets replaced with something that flows a bit more air :D

George, did you ever find a upper radiator hose to fit that short machined Riley Tsat neck on degas bottle equipped trucks?

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
redneckhouston said:
no i havent, i'll pm ya as soon as i do though...its gotta be the best mod yet
So george did you put an IH pump on with the coolant filter boss yet??

redneckhouston

dodge killer
Reaction score
naw man i didn't do the ih waterpump thing, i did the emergency, Hi-lo parking lot, 200 miles from home, broke at 8pm had to be at work in the morning replacement waterpump thing. in the process tho the thermostat and radiator started leaking real bad, but we got home. then i fixed that housing for good with a dieselsite housing and a special hose :thumbsup:

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
pretty neat aint it - I figured I could speak a lil more like myself here so I figured I would give it a try (plus I like the GGG section) it shows up as oilburners on the bottom of the puter so the old lady stays off my back :draw

BJS

Reaction score
So is there a hose that will fit the machined stat housing for the 94 & early '95s that dont' have a degas bottle?

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
Renegade said:
pretty neat aint it - I figured I could speak a lil more like myself here so I figured I would give it a try (plus I like the GGG section) it shows up as oilburners on the bottom of the puter so the old lady stays off my back :draw

You sly dog you :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renegade said:

Brian,

Glad you like the place, we run things a little looser around here. It seems to fit the atmosphere a little better.

Mike

redneckhouston

dodge killer
Reaction score
Renegade said:

Right on man, it kills me though wouldent figure such a pretty woman could be so mean :D

on edit: you and big red coming down anytime soon? ntpsa's texoma rally is coming in may!!!!!

Last edited:

redneckhouston

dodge killer
Reaction score
BJS said:
So is there a hose that will fit the machined stat housing for the 94 & early '95s that dont' have a degas bottle?

Yes there is ill have to go look at the truck to get the # or you can call bob riely at dieselsite, I gave him the part # from gates a few weeks ago, it only needs a tiny bit of triming on the radiator end to work. best mod ive done in forever....that damn factory housing is a pos, went thru 3 in a year and they were never quite right. bob's is slick :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828