95 6.5 from dhl truck

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a chance of getting a 6.5 that sounds like bad head gasket for some beer and steaks for a bbq. I wanted to get it for son to take apart and work on of course with assistance. Tho owner went to a gas motor and doesnt wont it. I was thinking of a backup to my m1009 with the 6.2. Not sure if it has the PMD module or not was told it was mechanical. How are the heads for these prone to cracks?

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well pulled one head and yes the head gasket was leaking. Had to be real bad because the oil looks like a chocolate milkshake, they ran it knowing the head gasket was bad and getting into oil. They most likely killed the poor engine. One glow plug tip broke off and banged on the piston pretty bad and the piston were the water leak was has some pitting like it corroded some, but that piston was steam cleaned. Oh well son likes taking it apart we will start the other side tomorrow. One thing I thought was odd is the injection pump is mechanical, I thought they switched to the pmd in 94? Also is any of these parts worth anything like heads, inj pump, fuel filter housing, pulley system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online