'94 IDIT. Is it supposed to have dingers for key in ignition and lights on?

sparky8251

Reaction score
I've drained the batteries to zero by accidentally leaving the key in the ignition overnight and almost forgot to turn off the headlights today.

I expect the vehicle to ding at me when I do such things, so I'm still getting used to it not warning me.

Is this something that originally functioned on this truck and has just ended up broken in nearly 30 years of time?

Thanks!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's one box.
Dinger only works with the key in and door open. Imo, something else is draining your batteries.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was ripped out before I got the truck.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find it, take a pic please. I don't need to leave my door open at the gas station so the rest of the world can listen to my poor choice of music.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never knew my 91 had one until one day I had the key in, engine off, and door open. Mine's so quiet it can barely be heard like that and can't be heard at all with the engine running. I'm wondering if the P.O. wrapped it in tape or something haha.

flyarmyguns

Reaction score
Mine functioned intermittently. I never bothered with it.... until...

I had to replace my key cylinder. I disassembled the entire plastic around the column so I wouldn't break anything cutting corners. When apart I notice that the little plastic tab which holds the electrical contact for the audible warning system to the key cylinder was worn and broken, and making a very loose connection. I rigged it up somehow (I don't recall how, something simple) and fixed the intermittent audible warning issue.

If I wanted to kill the audible warnings I would unplug it at the key cylinder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7