94 IDIT into 88 E350

hexpheen

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just as the title says '94 IDIT into '88 N/A IDI e350.

From what I read need to run it N/A as turbo wont fit.

I have my working N/A IP and injectors. Since I will have less air I'm sure I'll need to dial back the fuel.

Is the turbo IP and injectors capable of being turned down via fuel adjustment, or should I swap the N/A IP and injectors over?

Thanks all!

-hex

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You can turn down the fuel with the adjustment. If you know that your pump and injectors are good, then go ahead and run them.

hexpheen

Reaction score
Thanks.

I was more wondering if it is possible to turn down the turbo IP to compensate for the lack of turbo without having excess fuel issues.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 88E350 with a 7.3 idi and a hypermax turbo on it. why can't you run the idi turbo motor? I think the hypermax turbo is larger than the stock 94 turbo . ATS turbos were pretty small? have you tried a test fit yet? your downpipe and intake might have to be custom but you should still be able to fit it in the E350.

hexpheen

Reaction score
Thanks again IDIBronco!

Compressionignition, I'm pretty sure the turbo would fit. You're correct, downpipe is the issue. When I have more time I plan on getting R&D's intake and having some exhaust manifolds fabricated. But right now, I'm supposed to move in a month and I need my van running to do that - so priority right now is just to have it moving under it's own power.

-hex