93 f350 7.3 e40d codes questions

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
Hi guys new here, but have been reading a little and learned a lot. I recently purchased a 93 f350 7.3 non turbo the overdrive light started flashing so I pulled the codes I am getting code 62,63, and 67. 62 is converter slippage 63 is tps voltage to low which I just replaced it and reset the voltage to 1.1 at idle and 4.3 wot. 67 is neutral safety switch. I guess my question is could the mixture of code 63 and 67 cause the torque converter slippage code? or am I looking at a rebuild? the truck runs great and pulls hard with no feeling of slippage or chatter thats why I am kinda confused. obviously once it goes into limp mode shifts hard and will feel some chatter while accelerating. thanks in advance

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a 23 code with my 94 F250 7.3l IDI with an E4OD. When not in limp mode is smooth and strong. I replaced and adjusted the FIPL (TPS) voltages properly. Code is still coming back. I do have a fuel leak at the fuel heater sensor, which I'm trying to fix but can't find the right o ring (grr, it's a flat, single, o ring that is 5/8" id, 13/16" od, 3/32" thickness).
Would the fuel leak contribute? Should I start looking at the neutral safety switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I was getting a code for the neutral safety switch and so far so good drove about 60 miles and no more codes or limp mode. what did you adjust the voltage to on your FIPL? for the o-ring try harbor freight they have a few different kinds of misc. oring sets

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.1 idle and 4.2 WOT.
I'm going to clean the connectors but for now I've turned my attention toward the fuel leak.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was getting a code for the neutral safety switch and so far so good drove about 60 miles and no more codes or limp mode. what did you adjust the voltage to on your FIPL? for the o-ring try harbor freight they have a few different kinds of misc. oring sets

what did you do? you'll get the code again if you don't address the issue.

direwulf23, you should start a new thread.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I replaced the neutral safety switch and am no longer getting that code but just today got a code 62 and thats the only code I got so I ordered a torque converter. I just ordered the oem converter until I get enough cash to build a decent transmission. I hope just replacing the converter will be ok without rebuilding the tranny

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the neutral safety switch and am no longer getting that code but just today got a code 62 and thats the only code I got so I ordered a torque converter. I just ordered the oem converter until I get enough cash to build a decent transmission. I hope just replacing the converter will be ok without rebuilding the tranny

do you still have time to cancel the order? if so do so,asap.very,very,very rarely does 62 mean you've got a mechanical issue.9.9 times out of 10,there is an electrical issue as to why you get the converter slip code.hate to see ya put in a new converter just to keep seeing code 62 again.you need to ask questions before ordering parts.it will save you big time.you need to inspect the solenoid pack plug.the plug located behind the heat shield on the pass side of trans.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
the other thing is if the issue is resolved will the od light stop blinking or do I need to reset it by disconnecting the battery?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, my code 23 will clear and come back. I haven't figured it quite out yet but I think there's an interruption in the signal (wiring or connector) that throws the code because the voltages test in range. Anyways, sorry for the rant, but that's how mine has been. I am a rookie though

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
62 will clear on it's own once you fix the issue and if it's electrical.though you will likely need to drive the truck and run it in OD for a a mile or two.if resolved,the converter will lock after 3rd ger shift,and remain locked in od,then it should stop flashing the light.

direwulf23.
you'll get code 23 all time you scan if you forget to hold WOT during the key on engine off scan.if you ever let go of the throttle linkage (or have your assistant left of the pedal) before your done scanning,it'll toss 23 every time.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not trying to Bogart your thread, but do you mean I should scan codes with KOEO WOT and not at idle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online