93 F250 7.3 IDI non-turbo 4x4, 5speed / "131k" miles

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lead Hill is about 2.5 hours away from us here in the central part of the state.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Skunk hollow

Toad suck

Any other strangely named places we live at or near? Lol

My Uncle used to live just off Skunk Hollow. My Wife has an Aunt who lives in Possum Grape and then has a bunch of kin that live at the turn off to Goat Neck ( and trust me you dont want to make a wrong turn and wind up in Goat Neck in a rain storm unless you are driving a swamp buggy :eek:

Weve got names for towns around here you wouldnt believe Keeps life interesting

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the truck I rescued off craigslist:

You must be registered for see images attach
welcome to the site;Sweet
here's my CL orphan.....;p
been working on it for the last couple of years as time permits.
when I got her the po already hung the OBS front clip on the '87 chassis. I swapped in the D60 conversion.

Attachments

• sulaco1.JPG
    sulaco1.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 187

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have 15 gears. Would be sweet. Man that's alot of clutch pushin though. Too bad it's not got paddle shift on the wheel. Lol

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am south and east of yall about 2.5 hours, down in Gillett - Home of the **** Supper! I am still in the process of getting my UHaul rejects running, but life has not allowed much time to devote to them. Once I get the IH going, I will have to drive up and catch up with yall.

I have a set of Typ4's injectors and return kit installed on my 88 IH S1600, but have not got it started yet. Currently planning/aquiring brass fittings, etc. for my fuel system. I am adding a Racor 500 filter and one of GenLightening's electric Facet pumps. The complicated/fun part is I am adding multiple valves and bypasses. I am adding an extra valve with a hose barb as an input connection prior to the Racor, and a shut-off for the factory tank. This will let me pull in from one of my other diesel tanks. Then to the Racor, I am adding shut-offs on both sides of the Racor and a bypass valve around it. Then I am going to tee off with valves to either the electric and mechanical pump. Then I am adding valves and tees on the outputs of each separately so I can run off of either one, or return either one straight back to the tank. I am also adding an extra output with a valve and hose barb after the electric pump to allow to pump out to one of my other diesel tanks.
All of this will allow me to use the electric pump to reprime after filter changes or long periods of sitting without use. I plan to run on the mechanical and have the electric pump as a backup. I will also be able to use the electric pump and Racor as a fuel polishing filter setup. Using the external inputs and outputs,I can clean the fuel in my air compressor tank (105 gallon tank - John Deere 4045 Powertech), my main generator tanks (2 100+ gallon tanks - Belarus 4 cylinder turbo ~100hp), or my smaller generator or pressure washer tanks. Diesel power everywhere!!
I guess I spent too much time with piping when I was working maintenance at Riceland and then 3.5 years of designing biodiesel plants. Now I always want options and plan ahead as much as possible.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil today. There was a very thin film of what looked like fuel on top of the oil. It was pooled in small area; not much. The punk took 2 gallons and 2.5 qt (~10.5-11qt), and I only filled 2gal+filter in trash. I know I checked the oil, and there was plenty on dipstick prior to change. 2qt filter? I think I found the source of the brake problem. The rear brakes are tied of a t, and one of the cables is broke? Added to the to do list.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump.. the weather is starting to get nicer, and cooler.. i am going to start working on some of the truck things before i gut L-Jet out of my aircooled VW Vanagon. I need to have at least one running vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online