93 7.3 idi rides like crap

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running some 37 my Baja tires on my 93 7.3 n/a. I built my rsk and it rode fine with some 33's I had so I went to some 37s so I didn't miss leg day and it rode alright for awhile and about 8 months later it ride like crap and I can't take it anymore it pulls like crazy to the right and sloppy steering I'm curious if anyone has these tires and what psi you run? I'm running about 40 psi and tire max is 50. Truck weighs about 7200 going down highway is that psi to much for that weight? I ordered all new bilsteins shocks and all new shackle/leaf bushings. I'm trying to get a little smooth of a ride it basicly feels like I'm off-roading on the highway. Any other ideas why my truck could be riding so bad? I commute a hour and 20 mins each day with no weight in truck and I do some heavy off-roading and some heavy towing with my truck and it rides alright with 1500 pounds or so in bed of truck or if I have like 6000 pounds on my trailer

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3850 lbs at 50 psi
Tread is 4 poly 2 steel 1 nylon and sidewall is 4 Polly.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have E rated tires on that truck unless it is a show queen and never hauls anything. But in my experience mud tires do need to be rebalanced more frequently. To avoid this balance your tires with beads. Also haveing bigger tires on puts more wear and tear on the rest of the suspension. I would guess if you have one your steering stabilizer is shot and tie rods and maybe ball joints too.

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have all Heims with like 5000 miles on them. No steering stabilizer. And my 93 has a 89 Dana 60 kingpin in it. I don't get any form of death wobble at all steering wheel doesn't jerk when I hit a bump it just feels like truck is catching air on everything and I know it's not.. Those tires I have are what the military vehicles use so they are ment for weight

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have all Heims with like 5000 miles on them. No steering stabilizer. And my 93 has a 89 Dana 60 kingpin in it. I don't get any form of death wobble at all steering wheel doesn't jerk when I hit a bump it just feels like truck is catching air on everything and I know it's not.. Those tires I have are what the military vehicles use so they are ment for weight

If they are meant for weight they would be load range E.

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Gona get into it about tire weight rating honestly don't care to much about weight got them for cheap price and only tires I've had last me over 10k miles.. ANYWAYS any idea on why it would be a **** ride?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Besides wrong load rating tires, you need to closely inspect all steering components.
Jack it up and have someone turn the wheel back and forth while you watch everything.
For those tires, you probably need to be running Max psi for the fronts at least. Do you know what these engines weigh?
You say "military vehicles" are they Goodyear mt's?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10k miles is really low are you doing 4 wheel burn outs all day? My firestones have 65k on them and not even to the wear marks yet.

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ******* my tires.. Lots of off-roading and were I live the roads are basicly just half paved so tons of potholes. And I drive over a pretty bad hill twice a day for work.. Really sharp turns and I take them pretty damn fast.. enough to get sideways sometimes...I've had truck for 25k miles a little over a year and went threw brand new tires in 7k a used set with like 95% in 6k and the my tires now have rest and still are like 85%

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jasper they are the good year mt's.. My truck weighs 6950 with no spare tire in truck no one in it and only a quarter tank.. Just got it weighed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online